Intern - Radio Broadcast
Part Time Unpaid Internship
SEEKING TWO (2) INTERNS
Radio Broadcast Assistants (Unpaid)
• Offering support to radio Producer/Host and invited Guests
• Executing specific administrative tasks to ensure the smooth running of the live radio broadcast
• Help Producer/Host with some research and production planning
Am I a good fit?
You might be if you:
• have strong organizational skills
• have strong digital media skills, including proficiency in social media as a tool for marketing, audience interaction (FB, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Periscope, etc.)
• have common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished verbally, written and/or other formats of communicating
• pay close attention to detail
• are flexible and adaptable to quick change
• are able to think creatively and problem-solve
• have some knowledge and/or interest in internet radio
• have knowledge, interest and respect for the theatre, storytelling and the arts in general
• have confidence and tenacity
• are self-motivated and have the ability to work independently but also as part of a team
• are able to work effectively under pressure, react quickly and meet tight deadlines
• have excellent communication skills, including diplomacy and the ability to build rapport
• have a basic understanding or willing to research and learn the law, ethics and industry regulation as they affect internet radio production in general
• have basic Computer skills - Word - and, ideally some audio editing and image editing software
• are willing to learn how to operate the necessary studio equipment
• are open to other production enhancement requirements that may come up
Tell me what I'll be doing as a Radio Production Assistant?
• You will be working closely with the Producer/Host both outside of the studio and in-studio during the broadcast, offering support to make sure the show runs smoothly (IE; Follow-up phone calls, Photography, show format prep. etc.)
• The work is both Home-based (you must own or have access to a reliable computer, printer and smart phone) for pre-production AND Studio-based (you must own or have access to a car or reliable transportation to location in Inglewood, CA) on broadcast days.
• There will be some work outside of these locations as needed.
• Your role may vary pending the featured Guest and show format.
Do I need a Degree in Media?
No. Minimum High School Diploma or GED
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online