Intern - Production
Full Time Paid Internship
An Astoria-based production company is seeking a self-starting and quick learning, full-time Production Intern to perform a variety of duties. This position will require but is not limited to: fielding calls, ordering supplies, handling shipments, office & shop upkeep, driving large vans, picking up and returning production equipment, etc. The gear prep and runs will require this candidate be able to handle physical activity and heavy lifting. The ideal candidate is open to working on the weekends, if it's needed. This candidate must have a professional demeanor, good work ethic and a positive attitude with colleagues and clients alike. Dependability and likability are equally important.
This is a 3-month-long internship, at which point employment will be evaluated. This internship is paid at $10.00 per hour.
* Open availability Monday-Friday
* An undergraduate degree
* Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills
* Solid Math skills
* Meticulous attention to detail
* Extremely organized with superior time management skills
* Some experience with cameras, audio and lighting equipment
* Driver's license and clean driving record
* Familiarity with the NYC area and experience driving large vans in NYC
* Proficient with MS Office, primarily Word and Excel, and GoogleApps
* Competent on Mac OS X
* Ability to develop and adhere to processes that will create efficiencies
* Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
* Good phone etiquette
Experience with some of the following is preferred:
* Preferred areas of studies: Communications, TV/Film or Production
* Prior on-set production experience
* A grasp of the production-to-post processes & willingness to learn more
* Experience with media management
* Experience with Adobe Premiere
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online