Intern - Music Merchandising
ConfidentialNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
As an intern to this department, you will be exposed to projects and merchandise deals for various label and non label artists. You will gain skills in merchandise production, finance, distribution and graphic design. You will also be able to navigate the various sales channels we employ (Retail, Online, Touring, Licensing) to sell merchandise. Although we sit under a huge music corporation, we are a fairly small division of 6 employees. This position allows for the opportunity to understand and participate in most aspects of our business. Day to day, you will be expected to:
• Maintain Physical and digital Inventory
• Update spreadsheets related to Touring, Retail and Online production
• Keep track of licensing samples and approvals.
• Brainstorming ideas for design and helping with the day to day production of art for the creative team.
• Maintain showroom tidiness, change mannequins, and ensure that all new samples are displayed
• Create FedEx labels for various send outs and arrange for pickups by Sony Messenger service/ Sony Receiving department
• Tracking said FedEx shipments daily to ensure they arrive on time
• Must have the ability to think independently and take action without supervision, create and develop ideas that lead to positive change or improvements as well as the ability to make sound decisions and solve a variety of problems.
• Background in fashion, graphic design, merchandising a plus
• Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook) and an intimate knowledge of the internet
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
• Ability to manage time and priorities, set and achieve goals, and juggle multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously
• Must be extremely organized
• Must demonstrate the qualities of being a team player
• Previous internship experience a plus
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online