Freelance Compression Operator
FREELANCE COMPRESSION POSITION AVAILABLE AT BURBANK POST PRODUCTION FACILITY
We are a 30+ person post production facility specializing in Online Editorial, Tape and File based Mastering and QC. Currently we are looking to fill a freelance compression position ASAP. We are looking for motivated individuals who are interested in working and learning in a facility that is fast paced. As production demands expand, we will consider adding individuals to our full time staff. Facility workload fluctuates regularly and we are in need of building a list of freelancers that we can call when we are in a bind. This position will be required to fit into our existing schedule and maintain a high level of quality.
• Transcoding video/audio to meet specified customer requirements.
• Performing some minor insert/assemble editing.
• Conforming subtitles and caption files to a video source.
• Updating status and workflow information in the production management database.
• Performing visual QC and monitoring automated QC reports for incoming sources as well as completed work to confirm conformance to client specifications.
• Complete additional responsibilities as needed.
• Experience with editing and transcoding platforms including Final Cut Pro, Compressor, Digital Rapids Stream, Adobe Media Encoder, Telestream Episode, and DVS Clipster.
• Experience with subtitles/closed captions conversion and conform workflows and applications including CPC MacCaption.
• Familiarity with automated QC tools such as Baton or Cerify.
• Knowledge of a variety of file-based media formats, codecs, and containers such as ProRes, MPEG2, MPEG4, H.264, MXF, etc.
• Knowledge of encoding/tape deck operations including video routing and use of waveform monitors, vector scopes, and audio meters etc. is a plus.
• At least 2 years digital media production experience (encoding, transcoding, editing) is preferred.
• Must be technically literate with a strong understanding of video and audio equipment and terminology.
• Strong familiarity with Mac and Windows OS
• Must be able to work successfully in a deadline-driven environment
• Must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as needed.
You will be required to work on any designated shift. The rate for this position may vary according to experience. Please send a resume and cover letter.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online