Fall Intern - Documentary Production
ConfidentialNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
UNPAID INTERN - FULL or PART TIME
We are seeking an eager and enthusiastic intern to join our team. You will work with a prestigious team on a documentary feature being produced with a well-recognised award-winning production company. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to the inner workings of documentary production and to work with seasoned professionals.
You will have an interest in documentary film-making and/or series. Ideally you'll be majoring in film, television, or journalism. If you have an interest in anthropology, technology, history or cultural arts that's an added bonus. You will be available to work from our offices during standard offices hours at least 2 days each week (if you're applying to be a part time intern) or 5 days a week if you work full time. The internship will start mid to late September and will run until the middle of December.
You will assist the team with:
* Research (including researching potential interviewees and sourcing relevant archive)
* Shoot preparation (including preparing call sheets).
* Production Management (including assisting with maintaining databases including updating unit contacts)
* Everyday office / administrative tasks as required
You will have:
* Strong research and writing skills and good communication skills overall
* Good organization skills; as well as being detail oriented
* The ability to multi-task
* The ability to work well in both a team environment as well as independently
The internship is unpaid but we will pay a small daily stipend to cover lunch and travel. In addition, there may be an opportunity for you to work as a PA when filming in New York (for which you will be paid at standard PA rates).
Please send your resume and a brief cover note telling us what you hope to gain from the internship. Don't forget to tell us if you'd like to be considered for a Full or Part Time internship.
Please note: Candidates MUST be able to obtain college credit for the internship, so please confirm this (and any stipulations) in your application.
Please note: Candidates MUST be able to obtain college credit for the internship, so please confirm this (and any stipulations) in your application. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent in the body of the email.
Do not send as an attachment. Apply Online