Fall Intern - Content Acquisitions
ConfidentialNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
CONTENT ACQUISITIONS INTERNSHIP - GUNPOWDER & SKY DISTRIBUTION
Gunpowder & Sky (G&S) is a digital-first global studio dedicated to creating and distributing video content independent of form, genre or platform. With in-house development, production, financing and distribution capabilities, combined with the subversive spirit of independent creators, G&S collaborates with both emerging and established talent to generate premium video content ranging from 90 second to 90-minute stories. G&S has co-production and partnership deals with other independently spirited trailblazers such as Shareability, Cut, Realm Pictures, Supergravity Pictures, Bona Fide Productions and Adaptive Studios.
Based in New York and LA, Gunpowder & Sky Distribution, formerly FilmBuff, is an award winning full-service global sales and distribution company. Gunpowder & Sky Distribution handles distribution of all rights globally for producers, networks, publishers and brands, including festival strategy, theatrical, TVOD/SVOD, and linear television. The Company currently oversees a library of over 1500 feature films, series, and shorts. There are some basic requirements for our program that are necessary to ensure the best possible learning experience:
* All interns must be currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate students who are able to receive academic credit for their internship
* You must bring a passion for film or the film industry
* Written and oral communication skills, strong attention to detail, Microsoft Office skills are crucial
* A strong sense of responsibility and a commitment to learning
Content Team: The Content department handles all aspects of the acquisitions process including screening content, script coverage, establishing relationships with filmmakers and producers, as well as negotiating various types of distribution deals across all forms of media. The Content team is the true gateway between the creative and business sides of the industry.
What to Expect:
* Learn how to track upcoming and completed projects through news, festivals, and relationships
* Learn how to identify content that matches target audiences and company brand
* Help perform both script and film coverage for potential development and acquisitions
Specific Skills Required:
* Ability to think critically about all forms of media and the confidence to express and defend your opinions and analysis
* Ability to manage and research projects with an attention to detail
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online