Director of Operations
ConfidentialSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Award-winning Production Company based in Santa Monica, CA seeks an experienced Director of Operations to manage the day-to-day business operations as well as to assist with HR functions on behalf of the Company.
As Director of Operations, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Proven operations management experience with a strong background in budget management, billing reconciliation, vendor relations, project management, information technology and facilities
• In addition to operations management, the ideal candidate will also have working knowledge of human resources with specific experience in staffing and recruitment, as well as employee relations and employment law
• Effective communication and follow-through are a must, as well as an acute attention to detail
• Strong business acumen and leadership skills required; this position will interface with all levels of staff, including outside business partners, contractors and city officials
Additional responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Main point of contact for employees, managers, contractors and suppliers
• Foster strong business relationships with executives and outside business partners
• Anticipate issues before they occur and plan option-based contingencies
• Create and distribute company-wide email communications
• Create and maintain proper records, including workplace safety and compliance, personnel files and documentation on all employee-relations matters
• Ensure HR files and records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements
• Manage employee life-cycle from new hire onboarding to termination
• Manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
• Know when/how to be assertive to get things done under pressure and on time
• Quick to respond to requests and completely dependable on communication and follow-through
• 5-10 years' experience as Manager/Director of Operations within the entertainment industry REQUIRED; production background highly preferred
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field and/or equivalent work experience; PHR, SPHR, PHRca or related certification a plus
• Excellent computer skills in all Mac applications
• Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility
• Demonstrated ability and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information
• Flexible and available 24/7 to respond to operational needs, including evenings, weekends and holidays as required
We offer a competitive salary including medical, dental, vision benefits, life insurance and 401(k) matching.
Please apply only if your experience matches all requirements - Your application will not be considered otherwise.
Please apply with cover letter and resume giving salary history and expectations
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online