Freelance Director/ Technical Director- Sports
Full Time Job
Director/Technical Director will work with Production and Operations staff in the control room before and during productions. Work will be performed in a fast-paced environment for a wide variety of sporting events and studio shows. The Director/Technical Director will be responsible for preparing and switching video elements during live and pre-recorded productions, coordinate with master control staff and serve as main conduit to communicate with master control, and coordinate with the Graphics and Post Departments for the design and delivery of elements, all the while ensuring all content meets high standards of quality.
• Proficient operation of all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to Technical Directing functions (e.g. operating video switchers, implementing sources, creating displays, interfacing with external devices, creating user and suite preferences, all camera operations including shading).
• Building and maintaining effects and setups for various productions
• Demonstrating solid knowledge of plant signal flow/routing.
• Performing proficiently under strict timelines and/or live conditions.
• Must be fluent in production lexicon.
• Must be able to multi-task, which includes directing, technical directing, and performing AD functions during live and/or taped shows.
• Understanding complex information and disseminating it to proper personnel in a clear and concise manner.
• Knowledge of specific workflows for identifying and resolving operational errors and equipment failure.
• Prioritizing and disseminating information among the entire control room crew to ensure seamless productions.
• Participating special event coverage and projects as necessary including early morning, weekend, holiday, and off hour productions
• May train others in operational areas
• Problem-solving, troubleshooting and effective communication to best convey any issues needing resolution.
• Minimum of 4 years practical TV Production or related experience at the large market or network level.
• Ability to work nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
• Flexibility to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
• Must demonstrate ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines, work independently and participate in simultaneous projects.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills are a necessity.
• Organizational, efficiency and planning skills are required.
• Ability to work as a part of a team dynamic.
• Must be willing and able to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
• Candidates must have strong communication skills.
• Proficient knowledge of all TV Production equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to: Video production switchers, server-based recording/playback systems and related control devices, TV Production routers, intercom systems, signal conversion equipment, etc.
• Experience in a live production control room environment is a must.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online