ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Controller jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Controller postings
Full Time Job
The Controller will be responsible for managing the accounting department and working with the CFO to optimize, scale and standardize the company's global finance operations and processes.
1. Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate standards and regulatory requirements.
2. Direction of the accounting and reporting operations, including but not limited to accounts payable, payroll, general ledger, overseeing all transactions related to the GL and month-end close.
3. Responsible for monthly accounting close processes, which include ensuring accurate results are delivered on-time to the FP&A team. Ensure all accounts are reconciled at month end.
4. Leadership role in re-designing and implementing changes to the monthly close process.
5. Continuous improvement of controls and processes.
6. Identify and lead process improvement projects to automate and streamline current accounting and reporting procedures to maximize the contribution to strategic and business goals.
7. Assist with the management and coordination of banking relationships and treasury management.
8. Manage relationships with external financial statement auditors as well as internal audit provider.
9. Oversee the quarterly and annual financial statement filing process with the SEC.
10. Manage statutory compliance within foreign jurisdiction.
11. Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
• 8-10 years of financial experience with at least two years of recent relevant Controller, Assistant Controller, business unit Controller, or equivalent experience.
• Proven success in leading significant process improvements to the monthly close process.
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple, shifting priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to stay current with emerging trends and relevant legislation that impacts accounting and financial reporting.
• Experience with varied financial reporting, accounting and business practices.
• Solid understanding and hands on experience with Sarbanes-Oxley, including the ability to consider the relationship of the regulatory requirements and the organization; ability to apply the appropriate principles to business.
• Prior experience in managing teams with over 10 staff members.
• Ability to interact with executives and across functions.
Ability to clearly articulate in verbal and written communications; willingness to appropriately debate difficult issues; ability to think quickly