Chief Financial Officer
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER - FIRST CLASS REALITY TV PRODUCTION COMPANY
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Maintain an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
• Ensure timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
• Enforce accounting policies, procedures for compliance with GAAP
• Review production cost reports and estimates to complete for applicability.
• Provide support in the areas programming strategy and operations.
• Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine and complex accounting transactions.
• Monitor and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Maintenance of general ledger, annual audits of financial records and preparation of periodic financial reports.
• Collaborate with other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
• Respond to inquiries from management regarding financial results and special reporting requests.
• Support management team with ad hoc and special projects.
• Management of staff including training, professional development and performance reviews.
BA/BS in Finance with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA or MBA preferred
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND PRIOR EXPERIENCE
• Minimum 7 years prior management experience in FP&A, Accounting or Finance within Feature Film or Television Production industry.
• In depth understanding of motion picture industry accounting and financial practice.
• Ability to thrive in a fast -pace setting environment. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership service skills required.
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online