Business & Legal Affairs - Music
Full Time Job
Unique opportunity for an experienced Music Business Attorney to work with a solid team of professionals in a dynamic music company.
This position reports to the Head of Business Affairs and offers the opportunity for rapid growth.
Candidate will have broad experience in general music business related matters with a thorough understanding of deal structures commonly used in the recorded music business particularly in agreements with recording artists, producers and other label entities; plus a demonstrated expertise in negotiating and drafting recording agreements, distribution agreements, and profit sharing arrangements.
Title and salary commensurate with experience.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
· Negotiate and draft agreements
· Manage ongoing contractual relationships and handle business affairs matters relating to artists and projects
· Monitor compliance with contractual obligations
· Render general business and legal advice to departments within the company, including identifying and addressing legal and business issues that arise from product development plans
· Such other duties as reasonably may be required
· J.D. or equivalent, plus admission to the California and/or New York state bars
· 5+ years of relevant transactional experience (law firm and/or in-house experience)
· Record label experience strongly preferred
· Strong working knowledge of copyright and contract law
· Strong writing skills
· Manage high volume of projects while maintaining precision and attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to work independently within a team-oriented environment
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online