Indie filmmaker is seeking a collaborative, smart and energetic Avid editor to complete edit of a feature length documentary, on-site (in an intimate home office setting). Candidates must be reliable, detail-oriented and deadline-focused with strong organizational skills, excellent communication skills and ability to take direction.
• Work closely with producer to modify timeline
• Organize B-roll
• Add B-roll media
• Prepare multiple outputs for ONLINE
• This is an offline assemble to prep for outsourced online version of a feature length documentary film.
• Must be proficient at editing with Avid and have a Media Composer 7 (script synch experience also a plus)
• A minimum of 2-3 years experience using Avid program(s) on a regular basis
• Welcme sound and color correction with Avid tools is a plus
• Basic sound mixing within Avid
• Intermediate skills with Adobe After Effects are excellent
• Must be dog friendly
• Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities a must
• All applicants must submit a copy of their editorial reel or have samples of their work online that we can evaluate
• All candidates will be required to shadow the editors on-site for one night prior to the job date(s) to insure no interruption
This is a short-term freelance (1099) position beginning 10/10, working on-site on westside of Los Angeles. Hours are flexible. $250/day
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online