ConfidentialBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Full time or part time associate position in transactional entertainment law firm.
Beverly Hills boutique entertainment law firm specializing in film, television and digital/new media is hiring an associate to work on television and digital/new media production matters. Candidates should have at least 2 - 4 years of television/digital production and film production legal experience, as well as branded entertainment deals and the ability to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. There will be work required on firm's talent clients as well.
• Review and draft a broad base of contracts, deals and legal correspondence for the firm and its clients, primarily in the digital/ new media and television arenas.
• Negotiate and draft various talent agreements, producer agreements, rights agreements, production service agreements, network agreements and prepare other agreements in connection with the development and production of scripted and unscripted television, digital/new media programming.
• Work with and advise production teams for various projects and potentially acting as a liaison between the production teams and the network legal team during all stages of production (pre-production, production and post-production)
• Review programming for legal clearance and compliance with production protocol
• Potentially liaise with outside counsel as necessary in handling production legal, litigation, copyright and trademark, music, and rights and clearance matters
• Work on additional television, digital and new media projects on an as needed basis and potential film production legal as needed.
• Strong academic credentials from an ABA-accredited law school and California Bar admission
• Minimum 2 - 4 years of entertainment television (scripted and unscripted), digital and new media production legal experience required. Please do not apply without this.
• Experience in guild, digital distribution, YouTube, Maker, etc. deals, licensing of programming from digital to traditional media, etc. a plus..
• Analytical, problem- solving, interpersonal, negotiation, strategic thinking, and legal reasoning skills.
• Strong project management, time management, and long-term planning skills.
• Able to interpret entertainment contracts, guild guidelines, talent agreements, and production agreements.
• Able to work efficiently as a team member as well as manage issues and workload independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Excellent writing and organizational skills, including clear and effective written and verbal communication skills, a can-do, no job is too small, team attitude.
• Must have excellent personal and professional references
Salary: Salary structure will be commensurate with experience. We are offering base salary plus portion of billed time and/or new business origination with real opportunity for upside depending on each candidate's circumstances. This is an amazing opportunity for a self starter who wants to learn and grow at a high end creative entertainment law firm. Depending on the candidate and salary base, health insurance may be available and paid vacation will be part of arrangement for full time position who vest vacation days.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online