Assistant Publisher / Office Manager
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Search for Assistant Publisher / Office Manager jobs in Malibu-CA
Search all Assistant Publisher / Office Manager postings
Full Time Job
Established lifestyle and culture publication seeking an experienced Assistant Publisher / Office Manager. This a rewarding position ideally suited for a driven individual who enjoys a fast-paced and high-energy environment. As the right hand of the Publisher, this person will play a key role in driving the growth of the publication.
Primary responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintaining strong relationships with current advertising partners via regular communication regarding artwork, added value, billing, and general client needs.
- The ability to build relationships with prospective advertising partners, including: researching new brands/companies that align with publication; reaching out and introducing the magazine; handling media kit requests; following up with leads; representing the publication at events; and meeting with potential partners.
- Working closely with the printing company on print orders and production schedule to ensure the magazine hits stands on time and without error.
- Working closely with the Los Angeles-based distributor in expanding local distribution.
- Working closely with the national distributor to ensure magazine is distributed to key markets.
- Working closely with the accountant on Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Office Management: answer phones, sort mail, order office supplies, manage schedules (including booking travel) for Publisher and co-Editor, and oversee the internet, phones and general building maintenance
- Overseeing website and digital app, including new orders
- Oversee design and distribution of bi-monthly newsletter (in coordination with Art Director)
- Prefer candidates with at least 2-3 years experience in office management, ideally in publishing or entertainment industry
- This role requires you to be comfortable communicating via email and on the phone and juggling many moving pieces.
- Ideal candidate will be comfortable wearing multiple hats and be comfortable working independently while also being team-oriented.
- The successful candidate will enjoy thinking strategically and taking a proactive approach to growing the publication.