Assistant Publisher / Office Manager
Full Time Job
Established lifestyle and culture publication seeking an experienced Assistant Publisher / Office Manager. This a rewarding position ideally suited for a driven individual who enjoys a fast-paced and high-energy environment. As the right hand of the Publisher, this person will play a key role in driving the growth of the publication.
Primary responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintaining strong relationships with current advertising partners via regular communication regarding artwork, added value, billing, and general client needs.
- The ability to build relationships with prospective advertising partners, including: researching new brands/companies that align with publication; reaching out and introducing the magazine; handling media kit requests; following up with leads; representing the publication at events; and meeting with potential partners.
- Working closely with the printing company on print orders and production schedule to ensure the magazine hits stands on time and without error.
- Working closely with the Los Angeles-based distributor in expanding local distribution.
- Working closely with the national distributor to ensure magazine is distributed to key markets.
- Working closely with the accountant on Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Office Management: answer phones, sort mail, order office supplies, manage schedules (including booking travel) for Publisher and co-Editor, and oversee the internet, phones and general building maintenance
- Overseeing website and digital app, including new orders
- Oversee design and distribution of bi-monthly newsletter (in coordination with Art Director)
- Prefer candidates with at least 2-3 years experience in office management, ideally in publishing or entertainment industry
- This role requires you to be comfortable communicating via email and on the phone and juggling many moving pieces.
- Ideal candidate will be comfortable wearing multiple hats and be comfortable working independently while also being team-oriented.
- The successful candidate will enjoy thinking strategically and taking a proactive approach to growing the publication.
Preference will be given to candidates with previous publishing / editorial experience including editorial production and knowledge of daily functions of a magazine and editorial staff. Knowledge of and experience with entertainment industry a plus.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online