QC/QA/Tester - Quality Control
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for QC/QA/Tester - Quality Control jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all QC/QA/Tester - Quality Control postings
Testing company in the Entertainment industry is currently looking for experienced Menu Functionality/Navigation & Linear QC testers for FT Seasonal contract work.
This position is for a freelance/contractor QC position for Physical BD/DVD/Digital QC testing. It can turn into a full-time position based on how well you perform.
As a Quality Control Operator, you will be responsible for testing Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital media assets for major motion picture studios. Operators should be able to understand, and execute various procedures involving testing specifications, research and issue resolution. The Operator needs to be able to effectively write up issues and must be adaptable, as our project priorities often change at a moment's notice. Knowledge of digital file formats (video, audio, captions, subtitles, etc.) and basic knowledge of Film & Television are all a plus.
Immediately Available Shifts:
- Mondays through Fridays from 3:00pm to 11:30pm
- Saturdays and Sundays from 7:45am to 4:15pm
- Monday through Fridays from 7:45am - 4:15pm
- Perform linear and functionality testing on DVD and Blu-ray discs for major motion picture studios
- Locate, research, categorize and prioritize bugs relating to video, audio & subtitle quality
• 1+ year(s) of BD/DVD or linear testing experience
• Experience using bug testing software
• Familiarity with BD/DVD related equipment
• Willingness to work afternoon and weekends on an as need basis with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the US
• Must be 18 years or older
• Experience working in a team environment
• Previous work experience at an authoring facility or QC vendor a plus
• Excellent attention to detail, with an ability to multitask and meet deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• High level of integrity and ethics
• An individual with a very strong desire to learn, take on new technologies and challenges, & teach others
• Familiarity with Television and Film digital media file types -Quicktime, MXF, MPEG, Mp4 etc.