Acquisitions and Marketing Associate
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
VMI Worldwide, a Hollywood based independent Media, Production and Distribution Company is looking for an Acquisitions & Marketing Associate. This position is responsible for working with the Director of Acquisitions and Development in identifying media acquisition opportunities, Marketing . The successful candidate will have a strong interest and experience in the entertainment industry, is reliable, extremely organized, and has an outstanding work ethic. This is a full-time position, to begin immediately. This is a perfect position for someone who can meet a fast-paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment in the entertainment business and with a desire for growth in the film industry, with an emphasis on foreign sales and digital distribution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Research - Researching potential acquisitions and trends in the marketplace including trades, blogs, and other outlets
Research films, etc…
- Read and cover scripts for acquisitions
- Assist with film festival coordination
- Liaise with and support other departments of the company
- Other duties as assigned
Festival Preparation - Assisting the acquisitions team in preparing for various film festivals such as Toronto, Sundance, Tribeca, SXSW and others. This includes logging festival line-ups, scheduling meetings, and title research.
- Experience working in the industry
- Desire to work in film sales, acquisitions or distribution
- At least 2 to 3 months experience (not internship)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work accurately while meeting deadlines, take initiative, problem solve, multi- task, and prioritize
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Asian language(s) a plus
Varies depending on Experience.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online