ConfidentialNew York, NY
Growing documentary film/tv company seeks an assistant accountant for its finance department. The assistant will oversee the full spectrum of accounting functions associated with maintaining the finances and daily operations of the company and its productions.
• Accounts Receivables, including generating invoices for external and internal partners, tracking due amounts, and booking payments
• Accounts Payable, including weekly processing of invoices, gathering approvals, making payments and interacting with producers and vendors.
• Weekly reporting for the company, including cash balances as well as outstanding A/R and A/P.
• Petty Cash: Processing, reconciling, and booking envelopes and advances.
• Payroll: Review and process time cards, create edits for final approval
• Reconciliations for bank accounts, credit cards, and P cards.
• Assist with annual audit, 1099 forms, and YE financials.
• Manage quarterly tax filings and assist with annual filings.
• Support the accountant in the monthly cost reporting process.
• Monthly closes on post production projects.
Qualifications and Experience
• Quickbooks experience a plus!
• Vista (EP) or other production accounting software experience also a plus.
• Prior experience in the accounting department of a production company, on line media, or content creation company.
• Organized with an eye for detail.
• Team player with a sense of humor.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online