Manager, Royalty Accounting
Concord Music GroupBeverly Hills, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Manager, Royalty Accounting jobs in Beverly Hills-CA
Search all Manager, Royalty Accounting postings
Full Time Job
Position Purpose: Responsible for the accounting, reconciliation and analysis of CMG royalty liabilities
Core Responsibilities: Develop monthly accrual for royalty liabilities; Reconciliation of royalty liability; Act as main liaison between Finance and Royalties departments
Outline of Specific Functions:
Monthly Royalty Accrual
• Develop understanding of different royalty liabilities (artist, songwriter, mechanical, reserves, etc.) and sales distribution channels that affect the accrual
• Calculate monthly accrual for each royalty liability
• Assist with preparation of supporting schedules for quarterly and yearend audits
Reconciliation of Royalty Liability
• Reconcile quarterly mechanical payments against accrual balance
• Reconcile semi-annual artist payments against accrual balance
• Calculate and update mechanical and royalty rates to use for monthly accruals
Liaison between Finance & Royalties departments
• Responsible for running all necessary reports needed from Record Maestro
• Work with royalties team to determine issues with reconciling royalty accrual
• Monitor royalty “unprocessed” files to determine affect on royalty liability
• Monitor aged uncashed royalty checks and work with royalty department on voiding/reissuing these balances or adding them back to the royalty liability
• B.A or B.S. in Accounting plus at lease three years of general ledger experience, or a bachelor in other fields with three to five years of experience in royalty accounting.
• Must be able to meet tight deadlines and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be self-motivated and able to learn quickly.
• Must be able to work well independently as well as in a team environment.
• Proficient in general computer skills; such as accounting software, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, familiar with MAS500 accounting software a plus.
• Good communication skills.