Comedy CentralNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Director of Production is involved throughout all phases of the producing process from development to completion of a project. The Director initiates, supervises, and controls all production matters such as planning, scheduling, budgeting and hiring of key personnel
for various west coast Comedy Central projects. They require an intimate knowledge of physical production, as they are responsible for the overall quality control of the project through final delivery. The Director is responsible for ensuring productions are on schedule, moving forward and on budget at all times. They are the ambassador for our CC creative team, ensuring the best possible production process through final delivery of a show. The Director must oversee multiple projects simultaneously; have strong communication and organizational skills and great ability to cope with change in a fast pace and high stress environment.
• Support the department as liaison between outside Producers and in-house Creative
• Executives on select current and development projects as directed
• Interface with various internal departments including BALA, MML, Post Production
• Operations, Talent, Digital, Press, Special Events, Programming and Finance to assist with production related needs and logistics
• Lead pre-production kick-off calls for Legal, M&ML and Production, guiding producers on network production policies on assigned shows
• Assist in the creation of production budgets and schedules for research and analysis purposes.
• Review and analyze 3rd party and in-house production budgets.
• Review and analysis of 3rd party and in-house production cost reports.Adjusting/approving cash flows accordingly with the Accounting Clerk and Staff Coordinator.
• Ensure clear communication between network groups and shows by facilitating distribution of critical production documents including contracts, schedules and shoot
• Support network requirements by managing Liability, Risk Management, and Production
• Risk issues, working with involved parties to resolve show specific issues
• Work with BALA on Union issues and paperwork including deal memos, contracts,vendor agreements, signatory agreements, etc
• Oversee tracking of deliverables during production including call sheets, production reports, schedules, contract charts, etc
• Oversee the review of all wrap materials for final approval and payment with Coordinator and Clerk
• Oversee the generation of invoices from vendors and third party production companies per contracts, cash flows, etc, spearheading research in problem situations
• Understand and enforce all finance procedures and Market guidelines, staying abreast of all changes and updates
• The interviewing and selection process of production companies, line producers, and other key production personnel
• Supervise in-house freelancers and work with facilities to resolve various office issues
• Liaising with outside production companies as needed on projects and co-productions
• Providing daily supervision for Production Coordinators and Accounting Clerk
• Overseeing production for non-scripted and scripted productions
• Successfully negotiate deals with Line producers
• Continually monitoring all projects in progress with regard to time lines, budgets,update meetings, etc.
• Maintaining constant awareness of industry trends and keeping up to date on all new technology
• Work closely with colleagues to jointly meet company-wide goals
• The Ideal candidate has a working knowledge of all types of comedy production including: multicamera, sketch, stand up and scripted programs
• Must have an understanding of the corporate environment, a minimum of 7-10 years cumulative industry experience in both freelance or long term TV production
• Experience managing 5-10 assistant or coordinator level positions
• The position requires flexibility, the ability to perform under stress as well as an awareness of the importance of maintaining relationships with key external and internal producers/companies
• Must be extremely goal-oriented with the ability to prioritize
• Must be skilled using Movie Magic Budgeting and MS Office Software