Sr. Accountant / HR Manager
CognitionLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Cognition, a dynamic post-production and VR/AR company with a non-profit arm, is looking for a Senior Accountant who would be responsible for overseeing the daily accounting, payroll processes and HR-related activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the preparation of financial statements and support schedules according to corporate timelines
· Perform monthly close procedures
· Prepare general ledger account reconciliations
· Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules
· Facilitate and complete month-end close procedure
· Maintain accuracy of general ledger and fixed asset sub ledger
· Assist with preparing tax returns, audits and corporate reporting requirement
· Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
· Prepare monthly account reconciliations
· Reconcile bank and credit card statements
· Responsible for preparation of audit sampling package for external and internal audits
· Process payroll, pay taxes, complies with all federal and state employment, wage & hour regulations.
· Maintain accurate personnel file and payroll records.
· New Hire, employee status change and termination records
· Record new or changed pay rates in payroll files.
· Direct computation of pay according to company policy.
· Review payroll to ensure accuracy.
· Benefits Administration: enrollment, billing, COBRA
• Support other team members as necessary
• Create reports for Upper Management as needed
• Perform other projects as assigned
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
• 5+ Years of Accounting/Finance experience
• 2+ Years of experience with Quickbooks
• Advanced Excel skills
• Some experience in HR preferred, preferably working with ADP platform
• Highly detail oriented and organized in work
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Must be able to work with limited supervision and in a fast paced environment
• Hours are based on normal working hours but will require extra hours pending production needs
Competitive Salary, Full benefits
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online