Sr. Accountant / HR Manager
CognitionLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Sr. Accountant / HR Manager jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Sr. Accountant / HR Manager postings
Full Time Job
Cognition, a dynamic post-production and VR/AR company with a non-profit arm, is looking for a Senior Accountant who would be responsible for overseeing the daily accounting, payroll processes and HR-related activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the preparation of financial statements and support schedules according to corporate timelines
· Perform monthly close procedures
· Prepare general ledger account reconciliations
· Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules
· Facilitate and complete month-end close procedure
· Maintain accuracy of general ledger and fixed asset sub ledger
· Assist with preparing tax returns, audits and corporate reporting requirement
· Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
· Prepare monthly account reconciliations
· Reconcile bank and credit card statements
· Responsible for preparation of audit sampling package for external and internal audits
· Process payroll, pay taxes, complies with all federal and state employment, wage & hour regulations.
· Maintain accurate personnel file and payroll records.
· New Hire, employee status change and termination records
· Record new or changed pay rates in payroll files.
· Direct computation of pay according to company policy.
· Review payroll to ensure accuracy.
· Benefits Administration: enrollment, billing, COBRA
• Support other team members as necessary
• Create reports for Upper Management as needed
• Perform other projects as assigned
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
• 5+ Years of Accounting/Finance experience
• 2+ Years of experience with Quickbooks
• Advanced Excel skills
• Some experience in HR preferred, preferably working with ADP platform
• Highly detail oriented and organized in work
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Must be able to work with limited supervision and in a fast paced environment
• Hours are based on normal working hours but will require extra hours pending production needs