Paid Intern - Social Media
City of Los AngelesLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Paid Intern - Social Media jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Paid Intern - Social Media postings
Part Time Paid Internship
The City of Los Angeles' Information Technology Agency is looking for a part-time Student Worker for its LA CityView Media Group. This team produces videos that are used on social media, websites, and LA CityView, the city of Los Angeles government cable channel. The channel is in the process of developing a new slate of programming by improving its distribution of programming via YouTube, the lacityview.org website and social media, and rebranding its media assets. This opportunity will provide the Student Worker with an opportunity to be part of promoting viewership of content, utilizing social media to create engagement with content, and developing metrics for quantifying progress. Data collected will also be used to determine which outreach and promotion strategies are the most effective.
General Qualifications: Applications must be current undergraduate students at an accredited college or university, and completed at least 8 semester or 12 quarter units of courses related to Media, Marketing, Journalism, Mass Communication, or Public Relations. Once a Student Worker, they must maintain full time enrollment and at least a 3.0 GPA. Applicants must have experience using Microsoft Office, and Google Drive. Applicants must have good analytical skills, customer service skills, and the ability to work alone. Applicants must have a valid California Driver's License.
Specific Qualifications: Applicants must have basic social media administration skills, particularly on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube with a strong knowledge of the digital media landscape. They should be able to demonstrate a knowledge of best practices for each social media platform and understand how to set appropriate goals for the use of each site. Graphic design skills and an understanding of different file formats and sizes required for different sites is desirable. A graphic design/social media portfolio that shows samples of social media posts, utilization of hashtags, metrics and insights is also desirable. Experience creating a social media calendar and social media scheduling program is a plus.
Tasks and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring uniform content, look, and tone for website & social media accounts
- Prepare and format video content for posting on social media channels
- Post Tweets on a daily basis and use scheduling programs to cover weekends and holidays
- Monitor and reply to Tweets under supervision of LA CityView staff
- Increase the number of followers on Twitter by following and engaging with appropriate accounts under the supervision of LA CityView staff
- Post status updates and prepare graphics and videos for Facebook
- Create thumbnail graphics, and organize channels and videos to improve user interface on YouTube
- Track metrics on a monthly basis and prepare metric reports
- Take photographs, write content for weekly and monthly e-newsletters, prepare press materials, and assist with other informational publications/brochures.
Compensation: The range of pay is $14.56 - $16.02. Please note that this position is not a permanent civil service position with the City of Los Angeles. Therefore, this position is not eligible for employee benefits.
Work Schedule: The Student Worker must work a maximum of 20 hours per week, and work between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on weekdays. Managers are willing to work with Student Workers to be accommodating of their class schedules.
Location: LA CityView Offices, 120 South San Pedro Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Filing Period: Open until a sufficient number of resumes are received.