CinedigmLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Cinedigm is a leading entertainment distributor and the largest aggregator of independent digital content worldwide. We distribute feature films, TV programs and web originals via digital download, streaming, video-on-demand, Blu-ray, DVD, and theatrical release.
Cinedigm is seeking a Royalties Analyst to support a fast-paced department to assist the Sr. Manager preparing and analyzing royalty statements. The ideal candidate has an eye for detail and accuracy who can spot anomalies. This position will review, process and document appropriate necessary adjustments to the accounting system; prepare, audit and review the royalty statements; and provide quality customer service through timely and accurate resolution of issues.
- Field internal and external inquires, forward those inquiries to the appropriate Group members, and assist other Group members in performing research related to those inquiries, as needed;
- Create and maintain royalty accounts information for royalty recipients including by updating the recipient's contact information and tax identification numbers as needed;
- Review and analyze contractual agreements, producer agreements and other similar agreements (and any corresponding deal summaries or deal memos) for the purpose of identifying and summarizing the applicable royalty rates, related terms and payee information for a given contract;
- Process and review artist royalty statements to ensure that both the royalty rates applied and the underlying earnings on which royalties are being paid are accurate, and that such statements are issued on time;
- Assist with Cinedigm's monthly, quarterly and annual financial close processes as needed by responding to information requests from Cinedigm Corporate and Royalty Finance Departments and Perform any other duties and tasks related to the Department's role and responsibilities that might be assigned by the Team's senior management from time to time.
Specific Knowledge Abilities and Skills
- Candidate must be able to work well independently and as part of a team;
- Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Candidate must possess excellent analytical, mathematical and organizational skills;
- Candidate must be able to meet deadlines consistently and effectively while working under pressure;
- Candidate must be able to manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately;
- Candidate must have strong computer skills, and strong proficiency using Microsoft Office's Excel application; familiarity with Microsoft Office's Access application is preferred, but not required;
- Familiarity with Great Plains is preferred, but not required.
Education and Experience
- Candidate should possess a minimum of 1 to 3 years' experience working in a position or positions involving the administration of contracts and/or royalties.
- Candidate should be prepared to work overtime toward the end of each quarterly royalty statement cycle; candidate should be prepared to schedule vacation days at times that will not conflict with these deadlines, so that their absences do not interfere with their ability to meet royalty statement deadlines.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online