Director, Financial Reporting
CinedigmCentury City, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Exhibition & Distribution Category
Search for Director, Financial Reporting jobs in Century City-CA
Search all Director, Financial Reporting postings
Full Time Job
Cinedigm's Accounting department is searching for a Director, Financial Reporting based in the Los Angeles office. The position will be responsible for all aspects of the external reporting function, including the preparation of company's Form 10-Qs and 10-Ks, within the accelerated or non accelerated filer timeframes. Also, for bank group reporting.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
• Reviewing / preparation of all financial reports filed with the SEC including, Forms 10-Q, 10-K and quarterly earnings releases, and timely and accurate filing of such forms with the SEC.
• Review of the quarterly financial statements including the balance sheet and statements of operations, shareholders' equity and cash flow in accordance with US GAAP.
• Responsible for researching fluctuations and drafting MD&A.
• Assist the CFO where necessary in investor relations activities, including responding to inquiries and quarterly earnings press release and call script.
• Responsible for preparing the tie-out binder supporting the SEC filings.
• Responsible for preparing the XBRL submission.
• Continuous improvement in the preparation of financial statements and SEC reports.
• Development of any staff assigned within the Financial Reporting function.
• Direct operations and compliance with credit facilities, including semi monthly / periodic borrowing base submissions to the banks, waterfall calculations, liquidity and debt covenants.
• Administer equity and stock-based compensation activities for the company.
• Fiduciary responsibilities to company 401k plan.
• Direct all income tax / sales tax / property tax preparation and compliance activities on behalf of the company while partnering with third party service providers.
• Research and monitor new accounting pronouncements and work with the accounting department to provide practical implementation advice when applicable, and draft accounting memos as required.
• Analyze the financial, accounting and operational impact of proposed transactions.
• Maintain and update stock listings.
• Ensure that operational and design effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting to ensure compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX).
• Ad hoc projects and other duties as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field from a 4-year college or university.
• Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP and SEC Reporting.
• Public Accounting Experience (Big-4 preferred).
• CPA (required).
The Ideal Candidate:
• Minimum of ten years of work experience in public accounting and in a management or director role with the majority involved in public reporting.
• Advanced understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and the ability to apply US GAAP to new and existing transactions.
• Must have prior SEC reporting responsibilities and clear proficiency in SEC reporting requirements and research.
• Knowledge of preparing SEC reporting with XBRL.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, work with little supervision and attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong technical writing skills.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Interact effectively as part of a team.
• Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth oriented environment.
• Exercise sound judgment when making decisions.
• Good problem solver / creative thinker.
• ''Can-do'' attitude, pro-active and resourceful.
• Excellent project management and team leadership skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and effectively.
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics ERP applications. Great Plains.
• Experience with FRx or Management Reporter report writing tools.
• Entertainment industry experience a plus.
• Highly proficient in MS Office applications: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package:
• Discretional Bonus Plan
• Vacation and Holidays
• Health Insurance/Dental/401k
• Equity incentives