Director, Financial Reporting
CinedigmCentury City, CA
Full Time Job
Cinedigm's Accounting department is searching for a Director, Financial Reporting based in the Los Angeles office. The position will be responsible for all aspects of the external reporting function, including the preparation of company's Form 10-Qs and 10-Ks, within the accelerated or non accelerated filer timeframes. Also, for bank group reporting.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
• Reviewing / preparation of all financial reports filed with the SEC including, Forms 10-Q, 10-K and quarterly earnings releases, and timely and accurate filing of such forms with the SEC.
• Review of the quarterly financial statements including the balance sheet and statements of operations, shareholders' equity and cash flow in accordance with US GAAP.
• Responsible for researching fluctuations and drafting MD&A.
• Assist the CFO where necessary in investor relations activities, including responding to inquiries and quarterly earnings press release and call script.
• Responsible for preparing the tie-out binder supporting the SEC filings.
• Responsible for preparing the XBRL submission.
• Continuous improvement in the preparation of financial statements and SEC reports.
• Development of any staff assigned within the Financial Reporting function.
• Direct operations and compliance with credit facilities, including semi monthly / periodic borrowing base submissions to the banks, waterfall calculations, liquidity and debt covenants.
• Administer equity and stock-based compensation activities for the company.
• Fiduciary responsibilities to company 401k plan.
• Direct all income tax / sales tax / property tax preparation and compliance activities on behalf of the company while partnering with third party service providers.
• Research and monitor new accounting pronouncements and work with the accounting department to provide practical implementation advice when applicable, and draft accounting memos as required.
• Analyze the financial, accounting and operational impact of proposed transactions.
• Maintain and update stock listings.
• Ensure that operational and design effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting to ensure compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX).
• Ad hoc projects and other duties as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field from a 4-year college or university.
• Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP and SEC Reporting.
• Public Accounting Experience (Big-4 preferred).
• CPA (required).
The Ideal Candidate:
• Minimum of ten years of work experience in public accounting and in a management or director role with the majority involved in public reporting.
• Advanced understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and the ability to apply US GAAP to new and existing transactions.
• Must have prior SEC reporting responsibilities and clear proficiency in SEC reporting requirements and research.
• Knowledge of preparing SEC reporting with XBRL.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, work with little supervision and attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong technical writing skills.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Interact effectively as part of a team.
• Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth oriented environment.
• Exercise sound judgment when making decisions.
• Good problem solver / creative thinker.
• ''Can-do'' attitude, pro-active and resourceful.
• Excellent project management and team leadership skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and effectively.
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics ERP applications. Great Plains.
• Experience with FRx or Management Reporter report writing tools.
• Entertainment industry experience a plus.
• Highly proficient in MS Office applications: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package:
• Discretional Bonus Plan
• Vacation and Holidays
• Health Insurance/Dental/401k
• Equity incentives
**EntertainmentCareers.Net Members, when using the online application system , we automatically include this in the subject for you. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online