Spring Intern - Training
Cincinnati RedsGoodyear, AZ
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Job Title:Spring Training Intern
Reports To:Operations Manager
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Term:2017 Spring Training season (January 3rd –April 1st)
Commitment:15-29 hours per week; may include nights, weekends, holidays, and some overtime
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with Preparation and execution of special events at Reds Player Development Complex and Goodyear Ballpark as needed
• Assist in keeping the Complex clean, organized and orderly
• Assist multiple Reds personnel/departments with various other assignments as needed
• Assist in other administrative, clerical, operational and customer service duties as needed
• Interns should have prior work experience in at least one business setting and one sports setting.
• Interns should be interested in going into sports business and should have or are pursuing an undergrad/graduate degree in a related area of study.
• Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills, good grammar, voice, and diction, strong interpersonal skills and a team oriented spirit to provide exceptional service
• Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and be a self-starter
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays and some overtime, if necessary
• Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record
• Ability to lift and transport items up to 55lbs
• No relocation
• This is an internship opportunity and no benefits will be provided.
• Internship is located in Goodyear, AZ.
• Paid interns are paid a minimum wage according to state law.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds organization policies and procedures
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds organization
• Performs duties as workload necessitates
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
• Meet department productivity standards
Disclaimer:The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above are, therefore, a partial representation, not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Equal Opportunity Statement:The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have prior work experience in at least one business setting and one sports setting?