Paid Intern - Corporate Partnerships
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Full Time Paid Internship
Department: Corporate Partnerships
Job Title: Corporate Partnerships Intern
Reports To: Corporate Partnerships Account Manager
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Term: November 2017 – April 2018
Commitment: 3 – 4 days per week, approximately 20 – 29 hours per week
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibility is to assist the Corporate Partnerships department with all steps in the sales and service process which includes:
• Assistance with research which includes writing proposals, creating graphs and interpreting data
• Assistance with the fulfillment of 2016 partner recaps and preparation for 2017 elements
• In the fulfillment process, interns will be required to complete and participate in duties that will include putting together proof of performance packages, organize and create documents
Secondary responsibilities include:
• Work in the Reds Corporate Partnerships office on a rotating basis
• Office duties will include providing research, data entry and additional miscellaneous duties as needed
• Assist with Reds Corporate Partnerships events during the offseason
• Events include Redsfest, Corporate Partnerships Summit/Luncheon and other sponsor-related events
• Must be completing their sophomore, junior or senior year or a recent graduate
• Must have earned/are currently pursuing a degree in Business, Marketing, Sports Management and/or related area of study
• Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Applications including Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• A background in sales, research, and/or hospitality is preferred
• One prior internship or work-related experience is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must present self in a professional manner to interact with fans of all ages, partners, game day guests and, on occasion, players
• Must have the ability to handle and coordinate large groups of people in a secure and sensitive area
• Must have a flexible work schedule that will allow intern to work nights, many daytime hours, weekends, and holidays
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment however employee may have “game-day” responsibilities where the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time
• Hours may include nights, weekends and holidays
• This is a seasonal opportunity and no benefits will be provided.
• Seasonal staff is paid at minimum wage according to state law.
• Only resumes submitted through Teamworkonline.com will be accepted. Please do not forward resumes via email or mail directly to Reds employees.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds organization policies and procedures
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds organization
• Performs duties as workload necessitates
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
• Meet department productivity standards
Disclaimer: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.