Intern - Urban Youth Academy
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Department:Reds Community Fund (RCF)
Job Title:P&G Cincinnati MLB Urban Youth Academy Intern
Reports To:Urban Youth Academy Director, RCF
Term:March 1, 2017 – September 1, 2017 (flexible)
Commitment: 20-29 hours per week
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for handling key day to day operations for the P&G Cincinnati MLB Urban Youth Academy (UYA) site and programs including but not limited to, program set up and execution, assistance with participant recruitment, site management, and participant tracking systems.
• Facilitate day-to-day operations of the summer Reds Rookie Success League (RRSL) program including, but not limited to, on site set-up, coordination/assistance with participant recruitment and data base management.
• Responsible for recording, tracking and communicating UYA program and RRSL program attendance accordingly.
• Facilitate daily operations for the Reds Youth Baseball program including but not limited to communication with teams, recording team information, and filing team documents.
• Administrative duties will include data entry from applicants, coordination of participant transportation, placing equipment/apparel orders, etc.
• Manage event coordination and operate events for the Coldwell Banker West Shell Match program
• Oversees baseball/softball equipment donation program through the Reds Community Fund.
• Gain a thorough understanding of, and assist in the execution of site/facility operations processes and assist with tournament operation and events at UYA.
• Assist in the recruiting of UYA program participants, coaches/instructors and volunteers.
• Assist in maintaining UYA web information, social media and baseball/softball video programs.
• Administrative duties will include managing the participant application process, reception desk processes, placing equipment/apparel orders, inventory organization & management, etc.
• Assist with Reds Community Fund fundraising events throughout the season (as needed) which includes but is not limited to Opening Day Charity Block Party (TBD), Family Catch (TBD), and the Coldwell Banker West Shell Redlegs Run (TBD).
• Provide support with the Reds Community Fund Split the Pot program during home games. This includes, but is not limited to, assisting with Split the Pot ticket sales.
• Prior work experience in at least one business setting and one sports setting (preferred)
• Have interest in sports business and have earned/are currently pursuing an undergraduate/graduate degree in a related area of study
• Must have an available schedule that will allow the ability to work 20-29 hours a week including nights, weekends & holidays during the period of September 1 - February 1, 2017.
• Must have an outgoing, friendly personality and excellent communication skill, strong initiative, and high level of energy.
• Must have good time management skills and present self in a professional manner with a passion for sports.
• Must have the ability to handle and coordinate large groups of people in a secure and sensitive area.
• Should have some experience working with kids, exhibiting an ability to be patient and understanding. (preferred)
• Should have prior baseball/softball experience with a strong understanding of the fundamentals. (preferred)
• Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
• This is a seasonal opportunity and no benefits will be provided
• Paid interns are paid a minimum wage according to state law.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment however each seasonal staff member will have responsibilities where the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
• Hours may include nights, weekends and holidays.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization
• Performs duties as workload necessitates
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
• Meet Department productivity standards
Disclaimer:The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Equal Opportunity Statement:The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have an available schedule that will allow the ability to work approximately 20-29 hours a week including nights, weekends & holidays during the period of March 1, 2017 – September 1, 2017 -
2. Do you have prior work experience in at least one business setting and one sports setting?
3. Do you have good time management skills and present self in a professional manner with a passion for sports?