Intern - Ticket Department
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Full Time Paid Internship
Department: Ticket Sales & Service
Job Title: Ticket Department Internship
Reports To: Manager of: Season, Premium, Group or Single Game Sales Departments
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
The Cincinnati Reds Ticketing Department is seeking several dedicated and team oriented individuals to fill a variety of roles within the department. Positions available are for individuals looking to gain experience working in professional sports in the areas of customer service and sales. Interns will partner and assist sales and service staff to meet and exceed sales and customer service expectations. The internships available start run from March 2017 – September 2017.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for working on a computerized ticketing system.
• Generate reports from ticketing system and Microsoft Excel.
• Answer phones and respond to emails.
• Mail ticket orders and product information.
• Provide a high level of service for Ticketing and Consumer Club accounts.
• Assist with planning and staffing of events.
• Game day duties: perform in-seat visits, assist with guest services, and staff VIP Ticket concierge.
• Be knowledgeable of all aspects of the Ticketing packages and Consumer Clubs memberships.
• Keep Ticketing and Consumer Clubs locations in the ballpark clean, organized, and adequately stocked.
• Track and record daily sales and payments.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Currently pursuing, or have achieved, an undergraduate or graduate degree in Sports Management, Business or related field preferred.
• Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet applications
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Good grammar, voice and diction.
• Ability to learn quickly, adapt to changing situations as necessary and resolve guest issues in real time.
• Ability to understand products and services, research and communicate information in a fast-paced environment.
• Ticket experience, specifically with Tickets.com a plus.
• Ability to work 40 hours per week.
• Flexibility in scheduling is required and will involve evenings, weekends and holidays.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; occasionally lift.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment however employee may have “game-day” responsibilities where the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
• Hours may include nights, weekends and holidays.
• This is a seasonal, internship opportunity and no benefits will be provided.
• Paid interns are paid a minimum wage according to state law.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds organization policies and procedures
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds organization
• Performs duties as workload necessitates
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
• Meet department productivity standards
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above are, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have an available schedule that will allow the ability to work 40 hours per week, including nights, weekends and holidays during the time period of March 2017 – September 2017?
2. Do you have experience with Tickets.com?