Intern - Promotional Events
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
This was removed by the employer on 10/27/2016 9:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Promotional Events jobs in Cincinnati-OH
Search all Intern - Promotional Events postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Job Title: Promotional Events Offseason Internship
Reports To: Promotional Events Manager
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Term: November 14, 2016 – May 2017
Commitment: 30-40 hours/week, Monday through Friday. Hours may also include nights, weekends and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with coordination and preparation for offseason events including Redsfest and Reds Caravan
• Assist with offseason office tasks which will include, but are not limited to: assisting with all components of Redsfest, assisting with all components of Reds Authentics, answering phone calls and emails along with additional miscellaneous office duties as needed
• Assist with preparing materials for the 2017 season
• Additional opportunities and special assignments will be offered
• Staff members should have prior work experience in at least one business setting and one sports setting.
• Staff members should be interested in going into sports business and should have or are pursuing an undergrad/graduate degree in a related area of study.
• Must have open availability. Please note that there will be specific dates that this person will be expected to work in the months of November 2016 – May 2017.
• Must present self in a professional manner to interact with fans of all ages, sponsors, game day guests and on occasion, players
• Must have the ability to handle and coordinate large groups of people in a secure and sensitive area
• Must be an energetic self-starter with an outgoing personality and be customer-service driven
• Must have a general knowledge of baseball
• Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record
• Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment however employee may have “game-day” responsibilities where the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
• Hours may include nights, weekends and holidays.
• This is a seasonal opportunity and no benefits will be provided.
• Seasonal staff is paid at minimum wage according to state law.
• Only resumes submitted online will be accepted. Please do not forward resumes via email or mail directly to Reds employees.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds organization policies and procedures
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds organization
• Performs duties as workload necessitates
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
• Meet department productivity standards
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you available to work 30-40 hours/week including some nights, weekends and holidays?
2. Do you have prior work experience in at least one business setting and one sports setting?