Intern - Game Day Customer Service and Consumer Clubs
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Full Time Paid Internship
Department: Ticket Sales & Service
Job Title: Game Day Internships - Customer Service and Consumer Clubs
Reports To: Manager of: Customer Service, Group Ticketing, or Single Game Sales Departments
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
The Cincinnati Reds Ticketing Department is seeking several dedicated and team oriented individuals to fill a variety of game day roles within the department. Interns will partner and assist Customer Service and Consumer Club staff to meet and exceed sales and customer service expectations. The internships available are game day positions starting in March 2017.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for providing an exceptional experience for every guest that visits Great American Ball Park through various contact points
• Be knowledgeable of all aspects of ticketing packages and Consumer Club memberships
• Execute sales inside the ballpark on game days
• Take accurate information and payment for each sale
• Organize, clean, and adequately stock designated locations in the ballpark
• Assist with the execution of events
• Assist in guest services, VIP Ticket Concierge, or point of sale location inside the ballpark
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, provide excellent customer service, and be able to resolve guest issues in real time
• Must be attentive to guests’ needs, have full knowledge of all policies, services, and facility locations.
• Assist with other tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Currently pursuing, or have achieved, an undergraduate or graduate degree in Sports Management, Business or related field preferred
• Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet applications
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Good grammar, voice and diction
• Ability to learn quickly, adapt to changing situations as necessary and resolve guest issues in real time
• Ability to understand products and services, research and communicate information in a fast-paced environment
• Flexibility in scheduling is required and will involve evenings, weekends and holidays
• Ticket experience, specifically with Tickets.com, is a plus
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; occasionally lift.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment however employee may have “game-day” responsibilities where the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
• Hours may include nights, weekends and holidays.
• This is a seasonal, internship opportunity and no benefits will be provided.
• Paid interns are paid a minimum wage according to state law.
• Internship is game day only, no more than 29 hours per week starting March 2017.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds organization policies and procedures
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds organization
• Performs duties as workload necessitates
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
• Meet department productivity standards
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above are, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have an available schedule that will allow the ability to work part time including nights, weekends and holidays during the time period of March 2017 – October 2, 2017?
2. Do you have ticketing experience?
3. Do you have retail experience?