Paid Intern - Casting Assistant
Characters for Hire, LLCNew York, NY
Part Time Paid Internship
Busy growing upscale entertainment company located in New York City seeks a well-organized casting person to support our our staff. Our company produces high quality productions for corporations and high profile individuals throughout the world. If you love to work in the entertainment industry and can bring your knowledge, creative ideas, skill-set and energy to a growing company who loves to have fun and travel, then we would love to hear from you.
Our trained actors perform interactive theater in full costume doing combative stunts, acrobatic performances that will WOW any crowd, musical dance shows and live stunt shows. We specialize in celebrity Impersonators, produce live Broadway style musical reviews, Hollywood stunt shows, Sci-Fi stage shows, Musical Princess events, Medieval Combat Shows, Adventure shows, and Mystery Shows to keep our audiences in suspense. No matter what the theme, if its entertainment related, we do it all for hundreds of clients throughout the world. From upscale private events to large corporate entertainment planning, complete with Hollywood props, professional décor, lighting and sound systems.
The ideal candidate will assist in daily operational duties such as:
• Organize auditions
• Conduct casting calls
• Post on social media
• Schedule events
• Prepare call times and directions for actors
• Call clients and confirm event details with them
• Maintain web site data
• Coordinate events with event planners
• Work with personal and corporate event planners
Candidates should be able to demonstrate (but are not limited to):
• The ability to stay organized working across multiple events at once trying to meet casting deadlines.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the working relationship between sales, creative development and production needs.
• Professional phone etiquette.
• Excellent organizational, people and writing skills are needed.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have good computer skills with proficiency in MS Word, WordPress, etc.
• A good knowledge of various TV, movie and film characters.
• An overall understanding of entertainment production.
• Knowledge of promoting on social media.
• Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
To apply for this position, submit your resume and cover letter.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online