Center Theatre GroupLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Casting Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Casting Associate jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Casting Associate postings
Full Time Job
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Artistic Director
INDIRECT REPORT TO: General Manager, Mark Taper Forum and Kirk Douglas Theatre
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-Time, Standard office hours:
Monday through Friday, 10am-6pm. Some weekends/ evenings and possible travel
STATUS: Non-Exempt Hourly
BENEFIT STATUS: Full Benefits
The Casting Associate serves as the main point of contact for all casting at Center Theatre Group. This position collaborates with outside casting directors and the Artistic and Management departments in the casting of all productions, readings and workshops for Center Theatre Group. The ideal candidate is a curious, flexible, creative person, able to work on multiple projects, with an upbeat attitude and collaborative spirit, likes problem solving, and will keep their cool and sense of humor while juggling multiple deadlines or priorities. Previous experience casting necessary. Theatre casting a plus.
1. Work in tandem with outside casting directors as needed in all matters of CTG Casting. Provide support as needed.
2. Cast specific projects/roles as assigned.
3. Oversee CTG casting website maintenance. Maintain casting informational line. Respond to general inquiry emails. Process office correspondence, public emails and voicemail, phone calls, casting hotline and mail.
4. Assist outside casting directors with the preparation and distribution of role breakdowns.
5. Draft audition sessions by scheduling and confirming appointments
6. Record, upload, and/or edit video auditions and submissions as needed.
7. Facilitate offers to actors with agents, managers and attorneys, as applicable
8. Prepare, distribute and track all parameters, contracts, riders, addendums, booking sheets, info sheets to Management Dept. Create and distribute actor contact sheets for all projects.
9. Organize and conduct AEA Season open calls and general meetings/auditions
10. Process all department invoices
11. Read scripts for potential and scheduled productions, readings and workshops.
12. Attend all CTG productions, readings and workshops
13. Communicate daily with agents, managers, actors and other CTG departments.
14. Obtain current biographies of project creative team and scripts from Literary Department.
15. Participate in casting sessions as needed.
16. Facilitate/ support casting sessions as needed.
17. Supervise organization of all casting projects and issues related to maintaining the office