Account Sales Coordinator
Center Theatre GroupLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sales Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Account Sales Coordinator jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Account Sales Coordinator postings
Full Time Job
The Coordinator works with the Account Sales Manager to grow the group and corporate client base for Center Theatre Group. This is accomplished through outbound sales calls, in-person meetings/presentations, and community networking. The Coordinator is also responsible for tracking sales activity using our ticketing system, Tessitura, as well as Microsoft Excel. Additionally, the position will assist in creating marketing materials for the department, both printed and online, as well as coordinate special events for our top clients.
1. Work with the Account Sales Manager and Marketing Department to identify, prioritize and target appropriate corporate/group sales leads from CTG's database of 300,000 customers as well as outside leads.
2. Monitor customer sales activity using CTG's Tessitura system and relationship progress in Microsoft Excel in order to cultivate further opportunities for optimal performance and growth.
3. Engage in out-of-office sales activity designed to establish and maximize relationships with key targets as well as promote the department's offerings in the community.
4. Manage creation, within our project management system, of marketing materials such as eBlasts and flyers to promote department offerings.
5. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will be expected to perform other reasonable related duties as directed.
1. Facilitate creation of promo codes and other unique ticketing mechanisms in partnership with the ticket operations team.
2. Work closely with the Webmaster to maintain corporate webpages for the department's clients.
3. Collaborate with all sales departments to ensure proper distribution of tickets/information to clients and training regarding all related Account Sales information.
4. Assist occasionally in executing department events for top clients, sometimes on evenings and weekends.
5. Participate in all necessary meetings as assigned.
Knowledge and essential skills
1. Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
2. Possess practical knowledge of sales & marketing techniques and implementation.
3. Carry a strong knowledge of the Los Angeles market as far as top business categories as well as geographically.
4. Have a basic understanding of event ticketing.
5. Demonstrate strong collaborative and decision-making skills when working with staff & clients.
6. Be adept at learning new computer systems quickly in order to manage projects and ticketing mechanisms.
Minimum requirements: Essential functions and abilities
1. Must be comfortable generating a high volume of at least 50 potential client calls per week as well as growing existing relationships.
2. Demonstrate an ability to work in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
3. An extensive knowledge of the complete suite of Microsoft Office applications as well as Outlook.
4. Familiarity with internet research in order to develop new leads and cultivate new categories of clients.
5. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, outgoing, personable, enthusiastic and able to generate bottom-line results.
6. All candidates must have a professional, polished, positive demeanor on the phone and in-person and must possess a strong desire to succeed.
7. A strong passion for live theatre.
8. Availability to work occasional overtime, evenings and weekends as needed.
Education, Experience and Licensing
1. Degree from a 4-year college or university preferred.
2. 1-2 years sales experience, live entertainment background helpful.
• Candidates MUST be able to pass a background check.
• Center Theatre Group is not able to provide relocation assistance for this position.
• The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified. Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.
• Staff members are expected to consciously and continuously promote the mission, values, programs and impact of the organization.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Center Theatre Group also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays; and health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program and life and long-term disability insurance.