VP, Client Strategy Development & Catalyst Operations
Full Time Job
Responsibilities We have an opportunity for a VP, Client Strategy Development & Catalyst Operations to join our dynamic CNBC. This role could be based in either Singapore or London.
This crucial role ensures a tight focus on developing the top potential clients for CNBC Catalyst, working tightly with the sales leads to accelerate success with high value targets and sectors. Success means deeper, longer term partnerships, with active and new clients, across the majority of Catalyst services resulting in highly satisfied clients returning with increased investment. This role is also responsible for leadership of the Catalyst Operations (BCDE) team.
- In each target sector, 2-3 client companies will be identified by this individual and the VPs, Advertising Sales and Client Partnerships and Account Directors, to partner with in a deeper manner
- They will develop long-term, deep and wide partnerships that are closer to a - joint-venture than transactional media deal, with high levels of client ROI across a series of mutually agreed KPIs
- They will work in partnership with the regional (VP), client leads and SVP, to direct the approach with clients and lead senior conversations
- There are 5 target sectors the majority of CNBC Catalyst clients originate from
- This role will focus on making CNBC the expert in brand communications to 'the world's most powerful leaders and investors' in each of the key sector communities (through on the ground sales teams)
- Success means CNBC Catalyst being viewed as sales strategy consultants in these sectors, with expert editorial talent, offering leading communication platforms and programmes
- High visibility of CNBC Catalyst is paramount specifically at appropriate events, trade communications and on social media
- Outsized revenue growth from these sectors will be the measure of success
Leadership of the 'BCDE' teams of c. 20 with 4 director reports to ensure they;
- Deliver the optimal solutions to clients that are closed at the maximum possible revenue to CNBC, with high potential for renewal at increased investment
- Fulfil the closed deals with a focus on both client satisfaction and maximised net revenue (minimised cost of sale) to CNBC
- Deliver innovative products services for clients from all BCDE disciplines, with regular updates and new launches
- Work in partnerships with the two VPs, Advertising Sales and Client Partnerships to deliver the above
Representation of the Catalyst BCDE teams;
- Internally, as a member of the Catalyst leadership team
- Externally, as a representative of the teams across social media, trade media, panels at industry events, award judging, etc.
This is a consultative sales leadership role, working with a range of client stakeholders, often at the very highest levels (CMO, CEO). Direct client interaction (rather than media agency) will form the main part of this role.
Media agency coverage at a senior level is also required of the agencies representing prioritised clients as well as those with regular international media investment.
They will work very tightly with their CNBC international sales colleagues around the world to consult with, propose and close key client and category deals. Qualifications/Requirements Exceptional client strategy and development skills evidenced by a track record of closing deals with 'extraordinary' levels of investment; either from new clients or material incremental revenue from current clients.
Highly effective senior sales executive. Ambassador of the CNBC Brand. A well respected individual with gravitas and powerful influencing skills (both externally and internally ).
Has an extensive network of senior international media contacts.
Excellent presentation skills and general communication skills; essential for high level customer meetings, often CMO and CEO level. This is also important within the business at all levels and across the industry (social media, trade media, events, panels, etc...).
Strong business acumen with high levels of integrity.