CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
Responsibilities The Technical Director will communicate directions and operate a production switcher to provide a complete program of multi-layered video sources with graphical effects live for air.
• Collaborate with the team
• Offer technical and creative solutions to create the overall vision for air
• Prepare and organize show notes, script, set placement and camera directions
• Build and organize switcher effects, snapshots, transitions and specialty wipes
• Create and maintain show documentation
• Test and prepare systems and equipment for use
• Prepare and route video and audio sources
• Switch live programs and communicate real-time direction to technical crew
• Communicate show element coordination during rehearsal and live production
• Work with engineering to ensure equipment is meeting client expectations
• Manage multiple tasks simultaneously Qualifications/Requirements • Minimum 2 years of experience using production switchers, DVE's, graphics devices, DDR's, electronic routers and patch bays
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a live news and/or sports production control room environment.
• Must be available for all shifts (weekends and holidays); schedule changes with little to no notice; working additional hours beyond schedule as needed
• Must be available for all shifts, including weekends and holidays.
• Must be willing to work additional hours beyond scheduled with no notice.
• Must be willing to work in New Jersey.
• Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older Desired Characteristics • Ability to think quickly, and keep pace with fast moving shows
• Extensive experience with Sony Production Switchers
• Strong client service and interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle pressure in an on-air environment
• Knowledge of live news TV production processes
• Previous experience with INews newroom systems
• Advanced PC computer skills
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
• Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously