CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
Responsibilities The CNBC Digital Technology team is seeking for Solution Architect to work on organization-wide initiatives covering the process, application & infrastructure domains. This role requires proven expertise in implementing continuous delivery pipeline from stakeholder requirements using open source tools & frameworks.
The Solution Architect will be able to analyze the existing applications and define the path to adopt continuous delivery to achieve business goals and objectives. This Individual should be able to understand the organizational mission, goals and drivers, confer with senior executives and synthesize the IT capabilities required to address business needs. Qualifications/Requirements • MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of relevant, broad engineering experience is required.
• Collaborate with technical product owners, delivery teams to build roadmaps which support the business needs of the customers.
• Influence the design focus of agile teams to help reduce tech debt, adopt recognized best practices to reduce total cost of systems.
• Experience in running design sessions to decisions, often engaging in deep-dive analysis with fellow architects and engineers.
• Experience in governance procedures, policies and guidelines to ensure that project initiatives comply with the overall architecture direction.
• Experience in evaluating vendors, products and emerging industry trends
• Hands on experience with the following or equivalent required: Puppet, Git/Gerrit, Jenkins, SonarQube, Sonatype Nexus, Atlassian JIRA, and Confluence.
• Expert knowledge of build, release, and configuration management processes, including branch-based development and deployment workflows to support parallel feature development and continuous integration.
• Possess expert knowledge in Performance, Scalability, Security, Enterprise System Architecture, and Engineering best practices.
• Proven track record of successfully architecting large-scale high-available systems using agile DevOps based software development life cycle.
• Hands on collaboration with Agile development teams - pair frequently with engineers on code development and understand the practical constraints, challenges and limitations of architecture decisions.
• Experience in introducing tools and techniques to identify various types of issues in production using logs and other metrics derived from enterprise monitoring applications.
• Outstanding ability to provide guidance, insight and day-to-day support for agile development teams. Remain abreast of industry trends and best practices and communicate these trends and practices to the engineering organization. Desired Characteristics • Strong experience working with multi-site development teams.
• Strong Communication skills (verbal and written) with an ability to work in a highly collaborative, multi-country/time zone environment.
• Good organizational skills with the ability to track and prioritize numerous tasks.
• Proactive personality with a proven track record of following through and delivering on responsibilities.
• Highly adaptive and capable of being an individual contributor and working as part of an extended team.