Senior UX/UI Designer
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
Responsibilities CNBC Digital is looking for a strong UX/UI Designer to join the Digital Products Design Team. If you are technically proficient, creative, user-focused, and enjoy thinking through large-scale design solutions, then this could be the opportunity for you.
The UX/UI Designer will collaborate with team members to conceptualize and design web, mobile and emerging media interfaces for both consumer-facing digital experiences and internal tools. This is a hands-on, design role where you will contribute to and support the creative and iterative process. This position reports to the Director of Design for CNBC Digital.
To succeed in this position:
• You - UX, UI and IA and actually know the difference between them.
• You are someone who grabs and drags the bottom right corner of your desktop browser when you come across a new website to check its responsiveness.
• You can wield Adobe's Creative Suite like a design warrior and know enough HTML and CSS to be effective.
• You have advanced knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, user testing (Multivariate A/B testing), wireframes, customer journey and experience maps, design best practices, usability standards, and current digital trends.
• You can work platform specific (iOS, Android) or platform agnostic.
• You know how to build an experience for RWD.
• You can create entirely new site experiences, or work within the parameters of an existing design system, depending on the needs of the project.
• You can communicate UX/UI strategy and rationale to key stakeholders, and work with your team and peers across CNBC to collaborate on solutions to common design problems.
• You are an advocate for the user and know how to balance business needs with usability needs.
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ-perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, food trucks, and more! Qualifications/Requirements • 5 years of experience designing high profile, complex experiences for the web and mobile products – media or entertainment, related industry experience preferred.
• Strong understanding of user-centered design principles as well as solid knowledge of current web, mobile and desktop technologies, trends, and browser and app capabilities.
• Ability to conduct content inventories and design appropriate site flows and architecture including concept sketches, navigational structures, wireframes, site maps, information and interaction design.
• Ability to evaluate site data and make recommendations for improvements to core features.
• Must be organized, able to act independently, and be flexible to adapt to business needs.
• Great collaboration and communication skills with the ability to lead and influence others.
• Familiarity with the Agile process.
• Demonstrate ability to document work in a very thorough, clean, and concise way using industry standard tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, InVision, InDesign, or similar UX software.
• Conducting competitive audits and participating user research, concept testing, usability testing, and market research. Desired Characteristics Required Education:
Bachelor's degree required; preferably in a design-related discipline, such as: Web Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or equivalent work experience.