CNBCHong Kong, HK
Full Time Job
Responsibilities The Senior Booker will work closely with the Guest Assignment Desk in Singapore to schedule guest appearances on the network, with a focus on securing high profile business leaders and government officials based in the Greater China region. The incumbent will also field produce and work as part of a team to secure the best guests first and exclusively for the network. The role is ideal for a candidate with TV news production or public relations experience, with a keen interest in business and current affairs. Qualifications/Requirements Key Responsibilities
• Networking with guests and PR representatives, particularly those of high profile or significant interest to CNBC.
• Conceive of segment and story ideas, interview questions, and elements for shows - work with the production team to develop these ideas into compelling programming.
• Research stories and guests and work to uncover new angles on stories.
• Writing headlines and interview descriptions of guests interviews that are uploaded on CNBC.com
• Communication with news teams, senior producers and news editors, anchors, and operations staff regarding guests interviews.
• Learn to format line-ups and work well with CNBC iNews and Avid systems, and the graphics, CGs, and Hotboards programs.
• Keep up to date on movements and changes of key people of interest for CNBC Asia
• Be the main point of contact with the guest when slots are confirmed to ensure smooth coordination between the news team and guests.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Desired Characteristics:
• University degree or related education or experience
• 5 years' experience in news production, business news preferred, and in booking and carrying out interviews
• Good communication and team skills
• Ability to work effectively and independently in a fast-paced breaking news environment
• Capability to handle deadline pressure and work under the demands of a daily show
• Languages: Fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese