CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
Responsibilities The Segment Producer books guests and produces related segments for both Squawk on the Street and Squawk Alley. Both shows are related but with markedly different concentrations – Squawk on the Street is a markets & economic-focused show; Squawk Alley is predominantly focused on technology and technology-investment. Production of both shows is dynamic and fast-paced. Outside of Squawk on the Street & Squawk Alley, the Segment Producer would also be occasionally tasked with coverage in other CNBC units.
* Develop and produce live and taped guest segments. Implement work independently with guidance from Senior and Executive Producer.
* Find and book compelling guests for the show, following booking protocols.
* Conduct pre-interviews of guests and arrange for any necessary travel
* Write compelling copy and teases.
* Secure elements such as sound bites and video to support segments.
* Partner with other departments as needed (such as Graphics, Tech Ops, Satellite Operations).
* Develop and maintain good relationships with news sources.
* Generate original content ideas daily, tapping into a broad array of sources for those ideas.
* Assist Line Producers in the production of the show. Qualifications/Requirements • Minimum of 5 years of experience booking and segment producing in a live television environment with a demonstrated writing, research and communication skills. Desired Characteristics • Some experience as a Line Producer – to serve as back-up for the show.
• Strong understanding of the markets and prior experience at a financial news network or publication is preferred.
• Successful candidates will be self-starters with superior contacts who can work effectively and creatively under daily deadline pressure.
• Solid writing skills and editorial judgment are essential.
• Excellent interpersonal skills combined with a strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story are also important.
• Willingness to accommodate a demanding production schedule and flexibility to work weekends and some holidays when and as required.