Segment Producer, Power Lunch
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
Responsibilities At CNBC, Segment Producers work within a show unit to pitch ideas as well as produce portions of a live 1- 3 hour show. Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
* Developing and producing live and taped guest segments.
* Implement work independently with guidance from Senior and Executive Producer.
* Find and book compelling guests for the show, following booking protocols.
* Conduct pre-interviews of guests and based on their responses script questions for use by anchors and reporters.
* Handle any necessary travel logistics for guests
* Write compelling copy and teases.
* Secure elements such as sound bites and video to support segments.
* Create stock charts, lower-thirds, chyrons, dekos, plug-ins and coordinate graphic orders. Partner with other departments as needed (such as Graphics, Tech Ops, Satellite Operations) to place and follow-up on requests.
* Develop and maintain good relationships with financial and business news sources.
* Generate original guest ideas daily, tapping into a broad array of sources for ideas.
* Assist EP and Sr. Producer in the production of the show during and after tapings. Qualifications/Requirements * Bachelor's degree
* Minimum of 2 years of experience booking and producing in a live television environment with demonstrated writing, research, and telephone communication skills.
*Must be able to be a team player and work very closely with the anchor of the program
*Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ-perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, food trucks, and more! Desired Characteristics * Prior experience booking guests, generating ideas and producing segments in a top 20 news market, national platform, or business news environment is strongly preferred.
* Successful candidates will be self-starters with a highly developed rolodex who can work effectively under daily deadline pressure.
* Solid writing skills and editorial judgment are essential.
* Excellent interpersonal skills combined with a strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story are also important.
* MBA, Wall Street/financial/business news background is a huge plus. Proficiency with i-News computer system is preferred