Project Manager, CNBC
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
Responsibilities CNBC Technology is seeking a Project Manager that will be part of the PMO team and will be responsible for working as a Scrum Master on technology teams delivering projects to enable and support business priorities.
The successful candidate will operate in a matrixed environment managing projects that include resources from cross-functional teams, and guiding them through processes that most effectively deliver IT solutions. The Project Manager will be directly accountable for the project's results. Key responsibilities include leading all aspects of Lean-Agile Project Management.
The candidate must have strong leadership skills, and the ability to manage multiple assignments across the organization, following project management principles. The role requires strong communication and relationship management skills to effectively deal with business sponsors and executives, and sometimes conflicting sets of priorities and requirements. Proven, strong problem-solving skills are a necessity. Agile experience and working as a Scrum Master are musts.
Qualifications/Requirements • Three or more years of experience in a Project Manager role directly involved with managing and delivering technology projects in an Agile environment as a Scrum Master.
• Excellent in-depth knowledge of Agile processes based on hands-on, proven experience.
• Excellent oral and written communications. Demonstrated ability to manage, assess and communicate project health using qualitative and quantitative measures with all levels of business and technology in one-on-one, small and large group settings.
• BS in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Experience managing and delivering projects in the conversational interface space a plus (Amazon Echo, Google Home).
• Must be willing to comply with CNBC's strict Insider Trading Guidelines and Personal Investment Policy
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ-perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, food trucks, and more!
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Desired Characteristics • Outstanding leadership skills with ability to manage diverse Agile teams
• Technical experience in Broadcasting, New/Interactive Media or Financial Services
• Previous experience with JIRA and Confluence a plus
• Experience managing and delivering mobile app projects (iOS, Android)
• Customer-focused, resourceful and self-motivated personality
• Strong sense of accountability.
• Strong networking and relationship-building skills
• Strong team building and collaboration skills
• Possesses a willingness to inspire commitment and instill a positive attitude in the team
• Proactive and creative - able to anticipate issues and identify areas for improvement
• Excellent negotiation skills - ability to manage and influence others within a complex organization