Product Manager, OTT
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
Responsibilities As one of our Product Managers, you will play a critical role in evolving our digital video capabilities, offerings, and reach. You'll work hand-in-hand with internal stakeholders and partners, engineers, operations, business development, research, advertising partners and others to continually evaluate and evolve our OTT platform and product offerings.
You'll be focused on growing CNBC's' digital OTT business by increasing video views, engagement, and revenue while improving customer experience and developing workflow efficiencies. You will be exposed to many different facets of the digital and broadcast media industry that includes OTT, VOD, live streaming, and more.
You will be involved in the definition and delivery of direct-to-consumer products. The Product Manager will be working with the Director, Video Product Management in defining and managing product roadmaps to deliver on key phases of deliverables for the products. The Product Manager will also have experience in assessing technology assets and determining ways they can be leveraged.
could include, but are not limited to:
• Develop OTT product requirements and specs based on internal needs and external market opportunities; explore ideas with engineers and designers.
• To communicate requirements and negotiate priorities with technical teams using in-depth knowledge and experience of technical delivery processes (i.e. Agile, Scrum, etc.).
• Work with cross-functional teams through definition, development, release and maintenance.
• Define, collect, and analyze metrics that inform the success of our products.
• Research market and customer needs.
• Run prototyping sessions and usability tests with customers.
• Clear, concise and thorough articulation of the product requirements that enable an engaging and monetizable customer experience.
• Communicate and drive transparency of project status and commitments for stakeholders.
• Research and report on competitive products in the direct video distribution space, including other LIVE and VOD services.
• Assist the Director with the preparation of presentations, reports and other product meetings that require assets, materials, data or research.
• Stay current with Film, Television, Internet, Mobile, Connected TV, and Virtual Reality trends to help inform areas of product development. Qualifications/Requirements • 3 years of product management and development experience of designing, developing, and deploying digital products using Agile / Scrum methodologies.
• Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or equivalent experience.
• Product management experience within the OTT or OTT related industry.
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills.
• Experience working in the digital video products or video distribution space.
• Excellent relationship management along with budget management, negotiation, and organizational skills.
• Competent soft skills necessary to work across cross functional teams.
• Accustomed to driving results in collaborative, cross-functional environments with little instruction or oversight.
• Eloquent communicator (both written and oral) comfortable speaking in front of diverse audiences.
• Strong business understanding of the ever-evolving media industry
• A self-starter with ability to work independently and take initiative.
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ-perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, food trucks, and more! Desired Characteristics Our ideal candidate is one who can communicate seamlessly with both the engineering, product and business teams. It is for that reason that we would love it if you had knowledge in one, or several, of the following areas:
• Experience with a range of 3rd party video platforms components.
• Experience with video ad products and the ad space (Freewheel, DFP, IAB, etc.).
• Video products on mobile and connected TV space (OTT).
• One or more of these technologies: HLS, MPEG-DASH, DRM.