Full Time Job
Responsibilities The role is to work with the Senior Legal Counsel, assisting and executing business and legal affairs functions for all aspects of the CNBC Asia Pacific business. This role will require working with our teams in Chinese speaking territories. The role reports to the Senior Legal Counsel Business & Legal Affairs, CNBC Asia Pacific, based in Singapore. Qualifications/Requirements Essential Responsibilities:
Assisting with the drafting, documentation and/or contractual review relating to all activities of the business, including distribution agreements, services agreements, licensing agreements, barter agreements and advertising sales agreements.
Ability to prioritise efficiently, and communicate regularly and appropriately with other departments is essential.
There will be a focus on Chinese speaking territories so the ability to communicate and build relationships with the China and Taiwan teams will be essential.
An understanding of the requirements of the Singapore MDA Codes (and equivalent codes/concepts in other Asian territories) in relation to programming, advertising and sponsorship, particularly as they relate to the editorial independence of news channels.
Support the Senior Legal Counsel, CNBC Asia Pacific when resolving potential or actual disputes.
Ensure compliance with laws and regulatory requirements in Asia (including broadcasting laws and competition laws), implementation of internal policies and providing assistance and training to facilitate compliance with such laws, regulations and policies.
Working with the business to ensure all Intermediary Management System requirements are met when appointing third party representatives.
An understanding of concepts of copyright such as ''fair dealing / ''fair use'' and being able to advise the editorial teams on questions that are raised. Enforcement of the business' IP rights and brands (including trademarks and tradenames).
Assisting with local entities' corporate secretarial needs in Asia.
Assistance as required and other duties as assigned
This Job Description may be changed at the discretion of CNBC.
• Law school trained or newly qualified lawyer, preferably with some experience at an international law firm or in house
• An understanding of contractual and commercial law. Compliance and regulatory experience would also be useful
• Good general understanding of laws and regulations applicable to an international media business in Asia
• Time management capabilities, client-servicing skills and problem-solving abilities
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills
• Chinese language skills to facilitate dealings with China and Taiwan teams
• Must be able to work independently, have the ability to multi task and work under pressure. ''Can do'' attitude required
• Must be a commercially minded team player
• Solid drafting skills
• Strong interpersonal skills