Intern - Marketing
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Marketing Intern (B2C)
Responsibilities The intern will be involved in contributing content and strategizing to reach new viewers, existing viewers and prospects.
Key areas include:
- Assist in the writing of copy for online and print advertisements that highlights CNBC's products and new programmes
- Round up news about CNBC's partnerships for email subscribers (both internal and external)
- Research and identify potential partnerships in the region
Responsibilities typically involve:
• Assist in writing clean, concise, well-polished copy to contribute to the company's marketing channels
• Assist in research, development, and curation of content ideas and research as needed
• Identify opportunities for content promotion and content partnerships with various partners and brands via media partnerships and barter deals
• Aid in developing and maintaining a database of industry resources, sites, organizations and viewers
• Attend new partner kick-off sessions and follow up accordingly
• Research and stay up-to-date with competitors and industry trends
• Work across functional teams to achieve outcomes
• Complete daily administrative duties such as updating contacts database, research and analysis of industry trends, e-mailing of e-newsletters
• Create and upload copy and images for both CNBC's and the Marketing Team's websites
• Partake in and support all c2c related events including playing an active role in the company's diversity and inclusion initiatives
• Any other duties dependent upon varying work requirements Qualifications/Requirements Applicant must be passionate about writing and marketing.
He/She must possess the mindset of a self-starter who is willing to ask for and take strategic directions, execute those directions with excellence, and proactively seek ways to add their own unique value to those strategies.
He/She must also understand their own ability to control the learning opportunities afforded to them by actively seeking opportunities to learn through this experience.
• Currently majoring in English, Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
• Advanced skills using MS Office Word, Powerpoint and Excel
• An exceptional ability to convey messages both in writing and in person
• Understanding of digital media channels and content distribution
• Understanding of basic design principals
• Detail oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills
• Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• News/reporting/editing experience for a publication, is an advantage
• Great team player who is hands-on, proactive and enthusiastic