Intern - Digital News Editorial
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Responsibilities As a digital news editorial intern, you will be assisting the digital news team in making sure the latest and most interesting news, video and other content is posted to cnbc.com.
The intern will be responsible on the following areas:
• Preparing news stories, features and slideshows for online publication
• Selecting appropriate photographs and video to accompany written content
• Updating oil, forex and metals markets news throughout the trading day
• Transcribing television guests' comments for use in content
• Ensuring the editorial data and events calendar is updated
• Working with editors to write stories to be used on cnbc.com
• Work together with other interns on assigned projects
• Presentation of project to the management team at the end of internship
• Partake in and support all c2c related events including playing an active role in the company's diversity and inclusion initiatives
• Any other duties dependent upon varying work requirements Qualifications/Requirements * Able to commit for 6 months from 2 January - 29 June 2018.
• Preferred areas of study for this internship:
- Media Studies, Economics, Business Studies, Political Science
• Independent self-starter
• Able to absorb specific instructions, fast
• Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
• Passionate about Business and/or journalism
• Ready to learn and motivated by this exciting 'breaking news' industry
• General awesomeness!