Business Development Director - 12 Month Ftc
Full Time Job
Responsibilities This role's primary focus will be to support the SVP, Business Development in driving new business opportunities for CNBC across EMEA and Latin America. Working closely with the Sales, Finance, Editorial and Digital teams, gaining exposure at the most senior levels of our international business, this role will provide actionable analysis to deliver relevant solutions for development of further business opportunities. Qualifications/Requirements • Research – (including strategic and valuation analysis) across the EMEA and Latin America landscape, mapping out possibilities and solutions in order to identify the opportunity available.
• Track trends and report key findings to the SVP, Business Development and other key Leadership team members as appropriate.
• Provide strategic solutions to business development opportunities and initiatives.
• Prepare market overviews, models, forecasts, financial valuation and expert commercial guidance that will inform contract terms, set structures and direct negotiations for high-profile deals.
• Act as main contact point with existing JV and Franchise partners to assist in solving issues and ensure that they are always armed with the most up-to-date information and content from CNBC.
• Conclude and execute distribution agreements in Latin America.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
• Prior working knowledge of the media industry and experience in digital media.
• Strategy development experience
• Exposure to International markets, with a key focus on EMEA.
• Proven experience within relevant fields of research
• Sound financial modelling, and company/asset valuation, skills
• Outstanding presentation skills and ability to frame and communicate complicated analyses in Power point format
• Proven organisational skills and ability to multi task
• Capable communicator (written and verbal) who presents well in front of an audience.
• A team player who can also work independently
• Pro-Active & solution focused with high attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with and influence people at all levels
• Ability to operate & communicate effectively across diverse cultural and business environments
• MBA or equivalent degree with significant commercial experience
• Ability to think strategically about the changing media/digital landscape
• Comfortable dealing with senior management and international contacts
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information in a discrete manner
• Language skills especially a European one preferable but not essential
• Commercially aware individual with proven ability to identify and drive strategy within an international environment
• Proven record of working cross functionally with colleagues
• Ability to identify key priorities within a heavy workload and execute on them
• Ambassador of the business with sufficient stature internally and externally to represent the business positively