Asia Pacific Digital Editor
This was removed by the employer on 11/27/2016 9:40:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Direct to Web Category
Search for Asia Pacific Digital Editor jobs in Singapore-SG
Search all Asia Pacific Digital Editor postings
Full Time Job
Responsibilities Role Summary:
Lead the editorial team in Singapore to make sure that the CNBC.com web site has the best Asian stories, market updates, videos and features all within tight deadlines.
- Lead a team of journalists and copy, social media and video editors
- Act as a hot-seater for CNBC.com, updating the site in a timely manner using strong editorial judgement and knowledge of business and financial news
- Copy edit stories, slideshows and video captions with accuracy on a tight deadline
- Write stories on a variety of subjects including financial markets, business trends, economy and economic policy
- Ensure the smooth running of the website, including updating of main International homepage and Asia and Europe news pages with headlines and breaking news
- Curate the website by selecting stories from wires and partners
- Produce stories in the content management system in a fast and timely manner
- Assign work to other producers and writers and coordinate production to ensure website is updated at all times
- Add value to CNBC.com stories by incorporating video, story links, slideshows, graphics etc.
- Remain in close communication with television producers to ensure coordination of stories
- Work with the commercial departments on client-sponsored special reports, assign stories and coordinate with freelancers Qualifications/Requirements Requirements:
- In-depth knowledge of the content and subject material covered on CNBC and a strong interest in financial markets and economics
- Strong copy-editing skills under tight deadlines, especially the ability to spot mistakes, errors and typos
- Previous experience in updating a website, hot-seating or hot-desking at a wire service preferred
- Understanding of global financial markets and how events in different economies and markets can affect each other
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm in a fast-paced news environment
- Ability to work in a team and across all departments and locations, ensuring a smooth running web site that is 100% accurate
- Excellent verbal communication skills, coupled with strong research and succinct writing skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter, with the confidence to make decisions quickly in a fast paced news environment.
- Knowledge of social media, especially Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Fluency in English
- Experience of working in content management systems
- Experience of working for a leading wire service or business news website