Winter Intern - Community Affairs
CBS Television StationsSouthfield, MI
This was removed by the employer on 12/8/2016 2:18:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Winter Intern - Community Affairs jobs in Southfield-MI
Search all Winter Intern - Community Affairs postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
This internship provides student interns the opportunity to gain experience in Community Affairs and Local Programming. Intern responsibilities may include the following activities:
• Production Assistant for our weekly Community Affairs programs
• Write scripts for weekly Community Calendars
• Write & research scripts/questions for Street Beat
• Write social media for Community Affairs
• Research and write community events for web sites
• Write website community content and/or blogs
• Video Editing: B-roll for community shows, Community Calendars, Web Exclusives
• Possible on-camera work for Web Exclusive content
• Production Assistant on Community Affairs EFP's (as needed)
• Write, Edit, and Produce local PSA's and assist with PSA production (as needed)
• Research potential topics for future programs or PSA's
• Run Studio Camera or Prompter for Production (as needed)
• Assist during station-sponsored Community Events (as needed)
• Assist Programming, Traffic, Creative Services, Sales and Marketing departments (as needed)
• Occasional clerical responsibilities (typing, filing, phones) may be required.
• Students must be pursuing a Communications related Degree.
• Knowledge of Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere is a plus but not required.
• For this internship, students generally work from 9am-5pm three days a week, either a Monday-Wednesday-Thursday shift or a Tuesday-Thursday-Friday shift. Interns must be available on Thursdays for studio production. Interns interested in production/editing must also be available on Fridays.
• A cover letter must be submitted with the resume to be considered for this internship.
• Please include a local address.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled