Winter Intern - Community Affairs
CBS Television StationsSouthfield, MI
Full Time Unpaid Internship
This internship provides student interns the opportunity to gain experience in Community Affairs and Local Programming. Intern responsibilities may include the following activities:
• Production Assistant for our weekly Community Affairs programs
• Write scripts for weekly Community Calendars
• Write & research scripts/questions for Street Beat
• Write social media for Community Affairs
• Research and write community events for web sites
• Write website community content and/or blogs
• Video Editing: B-roll for community shows, Community Calendars, Web Exclusives
• Possible on-camera work for Web Exclusive content
• Production Assistant on Community Affairs EFP's (as needed)
• Write, Edit, and Produce local PSA's and assist with PSA production (as needed)
• Research potential topics for future programs or PSA's
• Run Studio Camera or Prompter for Production (as needed)
• Assist during station-sponsored Community Events (as needed)
• Assist Programming, Traffic, Creative Services, Sales and Marketing departments (as needed)
• Occasional clerical responsibilities (typing, filing, phones) may be required.
• Knowledge of Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere is a plus but not required.
• For this internship, students generally work from 9am-5pm three days a week, either a Monday-Wednesday-Thursday shift or a Tuesday-Thursday-Friday shift. Interns must be available on Thursdays for studio production. Interns interested in production/editing must also be available on Fridays.
A cover letter must be submitted with the resume to be considered for this internship.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled