Spring Intern - KTVT
CBS Television StationsFort Worth, TX
This was removed by the employer on 2/16/2017 10:18:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Spring Intern - KTVT jobs in Fort Worth-TX
Search all Spring Intern - KTVT postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
KTVT/KTXA-The CBS Stations in Dallas/Fort Worth internship program is designed for students currently enrolled at a college or university who are interested in the media business. The objective is to provide students with a meaningful work experience while complimenting the educational experience.
Benefits of an internship for students include:
• Practical work experience
• Better understanding of the business
• Promote career and personal development
• Exposure to industry professionals
• Currently attending an accredited college and have achieved junior or senior status
• Must receive college academic credit – No Exceptions
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Able to meet the minimum time commitment for the internship program (minimum of 8 hours per day, once a week) during normal business hours Monday– Friday.
• Must be computer literate, and have experience using MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier is a plus, but not required.
• Previous experience running a studio camera is a plus.
• Must present a letter from College or University verifying enrollment and number of credits to be earned if accepted into our program.
• Apply online – including a Resume and Cover Letter (Directions below)
• A cover letter must be submitted with the resume to be considered for an internship.
Method of Application:
• Note: Applications will only be accepted from college students currently enrolled at a college or university.
• Resume and cover letter accepted only through our online application system. To apply, please visit our websites at www.cbsdfw.com/jobs
• No Phone calls.
If selected for an interview, you will need to provide the following:
• Letter from the Internship Advisor or Professor of the program at the College or University being attended, which indicates certification of college academic credit to be awarded upon successful completion of the internship.
Internships are paid at the current hourly minimum wage rate ($7.25 per hour). If accepted into our program, you will need to present eligibility to work in the U.S. based on the Department of Homeland Security's I-9 form (examples include driver's license and social security card, College ID and birth certificate, or a US Passport).
Internships are offered each semester:
• Spring Semester- Application Deadline= December 1
• Summer Semester- Application Deadline= April 1
• Fall Semester- Application Deadline= August 1
Exact days and dates are determined by the student's schedule; however, student must commit to the minimum hours requirement of an 8 hour day once a week or more depending on their credit hour requirements. The duration of the internship will be determined by the requirements of the college/ to earn college credit. If the college/university requires more than 200 hours in order to earn college credit, this internship would not be an option.
The News, Creative Services and Sports departments are currently offering an internship. Please indicate in your cover letter your preference by ranking them from One to Three.
EEO Statement: : Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled