Intern - Television
CBS Television StationsPhiladelphia, PA
This was removed by the employer on 11/1/2016 11:18:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Television jobs in Philadelphia-PA
Search all Intern - Television postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
CBS's Internship Program in Philadelphia is designed to provide meaningful educational and field experience for students pursuing careers in television broadcasting and related fields. Our internships will expose you to industry professionals and promote both your personal and career development. We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, problem solving, a strong work ethic, accountability and winning. Being selected to join our winning team means you share our core values and stand with others who are passionate, honest, engaged, accountable, and competitive.
Internships are approximately 10 weeks in duration and 16 hours per week. Interns are accepted for the spring, summer, and fall semesters and are paid an hourly rate of $7.75. Transportation costs (except those incurred while traveling for business purposes requested by CBS), meals, and any other financial obligations, are the sole responsibility of the individual intern. Interns are expected to conduct themselves and dress appropriately for the business world.
Departments Available For Internships
Creative Services Department: Assists in the overall promotion of CBS-3/CW Philly. The intern will assist the promotion writers and producers in the creation and development of advertising, promotional, and public service announcement material. Assist with promotional casting call events and field shoots. Strong creative writing skills preferred for this position.
News Department: The intern will learn how a news department operates and provides news coverage of the Philadelphia region. The intern may be assigned to a variety of areas such as news, sports, consumer unit, the assignment desk, or the tape library. Interns will have the opportunity to observe work in the field alongside reporters and photographers.
Public Relations Department: Assists with the station's public relations and public service activities including writing press releases and other publicity materials, assisting in the production and scheduling of public service announcements, and planning special events and other community outreach programs.
Sales Department: The intern will learn about selling local television advertising time, as well as creating special sales projects, understanding ratings trends for specific sales proposals, and creating presentations for obtaining new business accounts.
• Must be at least (18) eighteen years of age.
• Online resume and cover letter expressing specific department assignment interest.
• CBS online Internship application.
• Currently attending an accredited college and have achieved junior or senior status.
• Students must be in satisfactory academic standing with a minimum grade point average of 3.0. Verification letter from college required. Academic credit not required.
• Able to meet the minimum time commitment for the internship program (minimum 10 weeks in duration and 16 hours per week)
• Good computer skills, excellent written skills and verbal communication abilities.
• MS office suite proficiency.
• If accepted into our program, you will need to present eligibility to work in the U.S. based on the Department of Homeland Security's I-9 form (examples include driver's license and social security card, College ID and birth certificate, or a US Passport).
• We do not have opportunities for high school students or volunteers.
All candidates interested in applying for an internships position with CBS 3, KYW-TV / CW Philly 57 are required to apply online at CBSphilly.com. Click on the jobs link to be directed to CBS Television Stations' employment website. Use the Search options to search for jobs in Philadelphia. Click on the Internships job link to apply for a position. Be prepared to create a new user account as well as uploading your cover letter and resume. Only those students selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please refrain from calling the station to check on the status of your application. Due to the large volume of prospective interns, we are unable to handle phone calls of this nature.
Your application will be reviewed by the appropriate individuals and if selected for an interview, you will be contacted by telephone or email.
EEO Statement: : Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled