Fall / Winter Intern - News
CBS Television StationsChicago, IL
Full Time Paid Internship
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
A unique learning opportunity for 2016/2017 college students interested in pursuing a career in TV News; interns will gain valuable exposure and experience in areas of the newsroom including the Assignment Desk, Planning Desk, Investigative Unit, Specials, Sports and Social Media.
NEWS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
• News Interns will help answer phones at the Assignment Desk, develop skills for checking out news stories, log video tape and help reporters and producers research stories. Interns may also have the opportunity to accompany producers and reporters in the field at news conferences and other assignments. Interns will get experience in using social media for newsgathering.
• Interns in Investigative do legal research, in-depth pre-interviewing, document searches, general research and tape logging. They will also have the opportunity to accompany producers and reporters in the field.
• Interns in Special Projects have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of stories from hard news to features. They work closely with producers and reporters and can accompany them on shoots. Responsibilities include research, pre-interviews by phone and tape logging.
• Interns in the Sports Department will have the opportunity to log video, research stories, and accompany reporters and producers in the field on occasion.
• Intern will be side by side with news department professionals, learning their craft and gaining valuable experience and knowledge.
• Each internship will be for approximately 3 months/1 semester. Candidates who are selected must be enrolled in college. This is a paid internship.
• The Internship will be considered ''at will'' employees and the Program can end at any time during each three month period at the station's sole discretion.
Results-Oriented, Dependable, Detail-Oriented, Courteous
Only those individuals who are highly motivated need apply.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Currently seeking a Bachelor's or Master's degree, preferably in Journalism or Communications.
• Strong social media and writing skills are preferred.
• Participation in college radio/TV stations/newspapers, magazines and websites will be taken into account.
• Previous internship or newsroom experience is very helpful.
• Excellent communication and computer skills are necessary.
EEO Statement: : Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled